Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

cheapest lift

Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
pick21 is on a distinguished road
pick21's Tacoma Gallery
cheapest lift

lookin to put a leveling lift on my 06.what would be the cheapest way to do it and how? i am willing to buy the 5100s but dont know what to do from there any help would be awesome
Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
toytec
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
Forum list-->Suspension--> Search
Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
not a pro comp 3 inch lolz! but seriously no..
for real man i cant believe that shit i read on your posts!!!! that is insanely fucked up they do not give a shit
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
body lift...

dont do it...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
pick21's Tacoma Gallery
v6 access cab
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not going to lie the price is nice for a complete kit but, the down side could be a lot of headaches though if i where you i would do a shit ton of research on here before purchasing any lift.

ask yourself what kind of ride your looking for and what type of terrain if any you plan on using it in. shopping for a lift on a budget is like shopping for a tatoo on a budget. sometimes you luck out and pick a good one and some times your tatoo of selma hyak looks like ham bone
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
pick21's Tacoma Gallery
doin it mainly for looks. but dont want to screw with the factory ride if you know what i mean.i will research before i buy
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick21 View Post
doin it mainly for looks. but dont want to screw with the factory ride if you know what i mean.i will research before i buy
If you dont want to mess with the factory ride don't lift it. It will compromise the ride. You want billy 5100's why not just buy them?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #13
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
well

On HWY. 120 in McHenrey IL. 2.5" lift installed $700.00. So I spent aprox. $2000.00 on a Toytec,OME combo. I think U get what U pay 4. Then you still have to work out the little stuff. I'm happy , going for break lines, also seat covers, bumper's , someone put me in rehab
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick21 View Post
lookin to put a leveling lift on my 06.what would be the cheapest way to do it and how? i am willing to buy the 5100s but dont know what to do from there any help would be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i would say without spending thousands of dollars on an icon set-up billies would be the best ride but they do not provide a full three inches of lift only 2.5 iirc. which is actually nice because the cv's stay at a proper angle and you will not be wearing everything out at a crazy rate.
I'm not sure if he wants a lift or just to LEVEL his truck. He said leveling lift... op wich is it?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #15
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
kings
Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #16
Street glide or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
kings
He said cheapest not most expensive
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
rpking's Tacoma Gallery
OK I have searched and read on here about lift's until my eye's have started bleeding. I have learned that the majority of folk's say Billy 5100's, or some other coil over setup, instead of a spacer lift. I just don't understand what the big difference is, all in all aren't they both spacer lift's, just different in how they work. PLEASE correct me if I am way off base, from what I understand the Billy's use a snap ring to raise the coil spring to different hieght's, thus raising the truck. A spacer lift uses a spacer on top of the coil spring shock assembly to raise the truck. They both put pressure on the spring and shock. that pressure in turn make's the shock extend or compress to a different length than it would be on a stock set up, the control arms would be at a different position also other than stock, right????? So my question is why is the Billy set up liked so much better than a spacer lift? Someone please explain, I'm not trying to start an argument I really don't know and I want to understand, and PLEASE do NOT use abbreviation's, explain it like your 8 year old son just ask you for the first time in his life the same question. By the way I have a 2011 access cab v6 4x4 I doubt very much if it ever see's serious amounts of mud or big rocky terrain I just want to lift it 2 to 2 1/2 inches Thank's
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
OK

OK the fat chick next to U open the door tell to get the F out. That as cheap as U can get Or your dead beat bud that has no game.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The cheapest lift is no lift.