LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can I go higher?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Can I go higher?

Has anyone set their 5100's to 1.75 inches with Eibachs? I have mine at .85 along with the 1.6 from the spring which I think is pretty commom. Problem is I have 200 lbs on the front bumper and my truck looks level. I wanna put an AAL in the rear and raise the front a bit more and the most logical way seems to me would be to readjust the spring perch to the next setting. I'm just not sure what effect it would have on travel and possible strut overextension. Ideally I'd like to lift front and rear another inch. Should I do it or not?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
i did. everything was fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
When I did mine I talked to someone at Eibach and they said to not compress more then the 0.85 setting. Toytec also advises against this. I say bad idea.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the help guys.

Well I've decided not to put more preload on the Eibachs. I still have the 2.25 inch Ready Lift spacers and original TRD shocks and coils and all have less than 2000 miles on them. Can I combine any of these parts to get a bit more lift?

Factory coils and 5100's set to .85 along with the 2.25 inch spacer would give me 3.1 inches minus the weight of the winch.
Factory coils and 5100's set to 1.75 plus 2.25 spacer = 4 inches - winch weight.
1.6 Eibach coils + 2.25 spacer = 3.85 - winch weight

Are any of these setups doable? I'm leaning towards the last combination because I could keep the Eibachs and there was really no negatives to the spacer for my use. I lost about an inch of lift with the winch so this setup should align without too much grief.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldn't stack a spacer lift onto a suspension lift. I would just run the current setup you have or upgrade to some OME886s with OME shocks.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec makes a shorter spacer for your exact situation. It gives a true 3" lift and is specifically designed to stack on 5100's with Eibach coils set at .85.

As mentioned above, I wouldn't set the 5100's to 1.75 or stack lifts that are not intended to be stacked. Either get the correct spacer from Toytec or it might be time for some 886's.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Toytec makes a shorter spacer for your exact situation. It gives a true 3" lift and is specifically designed to stack on 5100's with Eibach coils set at .85.

As mentioned above, I wouldn't set the 5100's to 1.75 or stack lifts that are not intended to be stacked. Either get the correct spacer from Toytec or it might be time for some 886's.
Thanks guys. That little spacer looks like exactly what I need. I see it comes with new bolts but it looks like it will fit right over the stock bolts. Is changing the bolts a must?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not to thread rob but, I have a question on your last comment. Are you saying refrain from setting them at 1.75" all together or just with his combo? I just had the rear TSB done and planned to add 5100's and set at 1.75" to level out my truck. Bad idea??
Old 07-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by resq330 View Post
Not to thread rob but, I have a question on your last comment. Are you saying refrain from setting them at 1.75" all together or just with his combo? I just had the rear TSB done and planned to add 5100's and set at 1.75" to level out my truck. Bad idea??
It's ok if you are keeping the stock coil.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
It's ok if you are keeping the stock coil.

Thanks OP!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by resq330 View Post
Sorry, should have been more clear. The OP is correct, I meant you shouldn't go to the 1.75 setting with Eibach coils, it's fine with stock coils.
Quote:
Thanks guys. That little spacer looks like exactly what I need. I see it comes with new bolts but it looks like it will fit right over the stock bolts. Is changing the bolts a must?
Not sure which bolts you're referring to? It appears the top plate has bolts mounted in it. I'd imagine your stock bolts wouldn't be long enough to make it through the spacer. They're so new that you may have a tough time finding someone who did the swap yet but I know a couple people bought the new set-up. Try PMing Raswank to see if he has his yet. He might be able to tell you if you can re-use any bolts of if new is required.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now can u answer my question about the bolts?
Patience young grasshopper... see above
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Patience young grasshopper... see above
Sorry.

I was referring to the bolts that come with the 3/4 inch toytec top spacer. There are 3 slots in each spacer and I thought the factory bolts would go through those slots. Is there a newer part available now?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry.

I was referring to the bolts that come with the 3/4 inch toytec top spacer. There are 3 slots in each spacer and I thought the factory bolts would go through those slots. Is there a newer part available now?
I was referring to these. I'm not sure if Toytec would sell you just the spacer or not though. They give a true 3" lift with Eibach coils and a spacer specifically designed for this set-up. If you use the 3/4" spacer, I'd put the new bolts in. I doubt the stock bolts would be long enough for you to safely get enough threads poking through the top to attach them to the truck.
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
I was referring to these. I'm not sure if Toytec would sell you just the spacer or not though. They give a true 3" lift with Eibach coils and a spacer specifically designed for this set-up. If you use the 3/4" spacer, I'd put the new bolts in. I doubt the stock bolts would be long enough for you to safely get enough threads poking through the top to attach them to the truck.
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Those look good. Wonder if they would sell just the spacer.