Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SR5 prerunner vs TRD suspension

Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
4banger805 is on a distinguished road
Name: Benjamin
4banger805's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 prerunner vs TRD suspension

Hey guys, I've got an 05 Tacoma with about 67k miles on it, it's a 2.7l sr5 prerunner...thinking it's about time to replace the shocks. Found a guy on craigslist with the front TRD coilovers and the rear leaf springs, he wants 100$ dollars for them...good deal? And would it be an upgrade? Curious as to if I should make a move on this stuff, or if it's just a waste of $$$. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
As far as I know the 6 lug stuff won't work on the 5 lug trucks and the rear springs on the TRD models are leaf over instead of leaf under.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
As far as I know the 6 lug stuff won't work on the 5 lug trucks and the rear springs on the TRD models are leaf over instead of leaf under.
If the OP has a pre-runner they should work though. As far as whether it's an upgrade, there are a few things to consider. Do you have base Tokiko shocks or Bilstein? Have you had the rear TSB done or is the leaf pack you're going to buy a TSB pack? The TRD OR coils are a progressive coil, the TRD Sport coils are linear and are the same as the SR5 coils. What condition is everything in?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If the OP has a pre-runner they should work though. As far as whether it's an upgrade, there are a few things to consider. Do you have base Tokiko shocks or Bilstein? Have you had the rear TSB done or is the leaf pack you're going to buy a TSB pack? The TRD OR coils are a progressive coil, the TRD Sport coils are linear and are the same as the SR5 coils. What condition is everything in?
Ah. I missed the whole pre runner part. It should all work then.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
they were crap...had a bunch of knicks on them... anywho, If i buy the Billy adjustable 5100s, what else will i need to get the lift? are there any other pieces i have to buy? looking at the toytec website...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
The ride will be stiffer (TRD Off Road), If you lived closer to me I'd give you my old stuff for free. Im trying to get rid of it.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger805 View Post
they were crap...had a bunch of knicks on them... anywho, If i buy the Billy adjustable 5100s, what else will i need to get the lift? are there any other pieces i have to buy? looking at the toytec website...
Plenty of threads on this buddy. It all depends on how high you want to go.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
haha, i know there are lots of threads, but wading through all the nonsense is annoying. All i want is like 2" of lift, nothing more.

** thanks for the offer of your old stuff, its the thought that counts! haha