Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME and spacer question

Old 07-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Jm1hawk will become famous soon enoughJm1hawk will become famous soon enough
Name: Jamie
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
OME and spacer question

I have OME 885s with top plate spacer. My front sags a little and i have a 1 1/2 add a leaf in the rear. I am getting a aftermarket front bumper and am worried my front will sag even more. Would it be a bad idea to buy a 1/4 inch top plate spacer and add it with the 1/2 inch top plate spacer i already have?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How long have the coils been on ?

Are they 885's or the newer 885x's ?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
I think they are the old ones. Im not sure how to tell. I bought them off a guy on this forum who had them on an 06.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yes...If you are worried about sag already and you are adding more weight you need to be thinking about the 886 springs.
Also stacking lift bits really isn't a good way to go about it...You need to get a spacer that is the right size for the lift you want...but I would start with the springs.

So what you are saying is i would have to find a top plate spacer that is 3/4 inch?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm1hawk View Post
So what you are saying is i would have to find a top plate spacer that is 3/4 inch?
No , swap your old 885's for new 886's
Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No , swap your old 885's for new 886's
This ^^^
Old 07-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have the money for that im just asking if it would work for now
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
I dont have the money for that im just asking if it would work for now
The funny part about doing stuff for "right now" is that you spend more in the end....cause you will most likely be unhappy with the ride and end up changing your setup anyways....and at that point you will have purchased a 30 dollar 1/4 spacer and then spent the 150 or whatever for the springs.

Take a look at E-bay and/or find someone to buy your 885s and you'll be all set. IIRC there was a thread on here that was a dude linking some 886s for cheap and offering to buy 885s if someone bought the 886s and wanted to swap them. I almost took him up on the deal....
Old 07-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
Are the 886s 2.5 or 3 inches of lift?

I thought you could not use the 886s with the top plate spacer?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Are the 886s 2.5 or 3 inches of lift?

I thought you could not use the 886s with the top plate spacer?
I would agree that you might not need them. The 886s are made to handle the weight you are talking about better. Great risk of the ride sucking with bigger spacers than the 886s.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You should get 3" with 886's and no spacer
Old 07-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help