Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2011 lift question

Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
rpking's Tacoma Gallery
2011 lift question

I put 265-75-16's on my 2011 Tacoma and they rub the mud flaps, I want to keep the flaps on, I tried cutting and grinding the flaps, that helped some but the tires still rub. I want to lift the truck but I have read on here of all the problems it causes even with a 2" lift, I like the way my truck rides, I dont want to mess that up, could I buy 5100's with a Eibach spring and not compress the spring at all and still get a little lift so my tires wont rub? I really want to lift the truck I just can't pull the trigger after reading some of the horror stories on here vibration, alignment issues, VSC issues, the list goes on and on AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHelp sorry to sound like a pussy
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you go up you will probably have VSC issues. Save the $80 needed to have it reset before you lift. I have 256/75/16 Duratracs and they don't rub unless I'm at full compression. I do not have the front flaps in but I will be putting them back on at some point.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rpking's Tacoma Gallery
dont want to, they keep alot of shit from hitting the side of my truck
Old 07-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #5

rpking's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thanks for the great answer's guys hahahahah W.A.B.O.F.S.H.'s
Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I put 265 75 16's on mine too but I had a small spacer lift already installed so my flaps didn't rub. I've since replaced the spacer with Eibach's and 5100's set at .85 but I also have 200 lbs on the front bumper. My truck is pretty level with this setup. IMHO if you install Eibachs on your stock shocks or on 5100's set at the stock setting, your tires will never touch your mudflaps. This setup has none of the negatives you mentioned either.

What engine do you have?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
W.A.B.O.F.S.H's? Did you just call us a bunch of fucking shit heads?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
W.A.B.O.F.S.H's? Did you just call us a bunch of fucking shit heads?
I think so.....
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #10

rpking's Tacoma Gallery
Good Lord NO i didnt call anyone a shithead. I had my daughter finish typing that post cause someone was banging on my front door, she has that as her signature on her cell phone, she is a cheerleader at school, its the initials of a cheer Wound and Beat Opponents For Sure HOO rah or some shit like that hell I cant keep up with all that shit, anyway thanks for the answers the set up that you spoke of 705 Taco sounds like what I want Do you know if the Eibach springs have a part number? Or should I just call Downsouth and tell them what I have in mind, would they steer me in the right direction? Thanks again and sorry for the mix up on the initial's I dont think anyone on here is a shithead if I did I sure wouldnt be asking for advice.