Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wanting 3" lift only have 3000$ what do i do?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
j cody is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
j cody's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting 3" lift only have 3000$ what do i do?

I have around 3000$ to 3500$ for a 3" lift and 33" AT tires. This truck is my daily driver so i do not want to kill the ride. What do i do?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
only $3000?...

What are you looking for in a lift?

Do you offroad a lot? What kind of offroad?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
also are you installing the lift ?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cody View Post
I have around 3000$ to 3500$ for a 3" lift and 33" AT tires. This truck is my daily driver so i do not want to kill the ride. What do i do?
you can pick up the ultimate lift, ome dakar leafs, and some decent wheel/tire package and have some cash left over............was able to to do that in alaska and everything is inflated up here. and much cheaper with 5100's and AAL......................lots of info if you search. vendors on here should get you alittle discount also....
BTW welcome to TW
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
you can go OME 3" with a dakar leaf pack for around $1200 and a good set of AT's round $1000 depending on weather or not you getting new wheels or using ones you have. you can get a good set up for what budget you have. and if you doing own install you shoul have enuff change to to UCA's also. jmo
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the 3" pro comp lift and it's perfect for me. A little stiff but it's not as bad as everyone makes it sound. I got it and had it professionally installed for around 700.00... that would leave you plenty of cash for tires and rims. I would recommend it.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME lift with the Dakars , LR UCA's and your wheel / tire combo

Done
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
XXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cody View Post
$3500 will be enough to acheive what you need. U should look around the site at member rides to see what you like first, though.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #10
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conviction11 View Post
I've got the 3" pro comp lift and it's perfect for me. A little stiff but it's not as bad as everyone makes it sound. I got it and had it professionally installed for around 700.00... that would leave you plenty of cash for tires and rims. I would recommend it.
I have this lift and no complaints, but for your budget I would get something better.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
j cody is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
j cody's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking OME with Dakars and UCAs. Thanks for the opinions. I would use the lift probably 85% on road and the rest off road on some easy trails we have in Tennessee. The installation i would do myself, i am great friends with the guys at the toyota dealership here so i can get it aligned and put together for fairly cheap.