Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

About to do AAL and rear shocks ...anything while im back there?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
About to do AAL and rear shocks ...anything while im back there?

I am awaiting delivery of the hardware. Is there anythign else you suggest i do while i have it appart?

What about more effective bump stops? Any truth to that?

Im doing more research on the procedure, so i might come up with some things to do, but if you know of anything you wish you had done or you actually did let me know.

thanks
mike

ps: same goes for the front....anything to do?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
id just look for wear,check brake lines ,ball joints while your in the front. look for anything loose just the common things when you dig into something

i used this for reference when i did mine http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mtrdsport.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
I am awaiting delivery of the hardware. Is there anythign else you suggest i do while i have it appart?

What about more effective bump stops? Any truth to that?

Im doing more research on the procedure, so i might come up with some things to do, but if you know of anything you wish you had done or you actually did let me know.

thanks
mike

ps: same goes for the front....anything to do?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

whats expected life on a set of ball joints? I did them on a 150k mile Camaro last fall, but my Tacoma is at 61k.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
whats expected life on a set of ball joints? I did them on a 150k mile Camaro last fall, but my Tacoma is at 61k.
They should be perfectly fine at 60 k
Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would install a U-bolt flip kit.
https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...sion/05flipkit
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html

Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you got the right shocks if youre going to be flexing at all offroad. youll tear em apart if theyre not long enough
Old 07-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
make sure you got the right shocks if youre going to be flexing at all offroad. youll tear em apart if theyre not long enough

What are the right shocks and what do you mean flexing?

I ordered Bilstein 5100s all the way around and a DSM AAL at the suggestion of the forum and the guys at DSM and Wheelers.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post

That sounds like a great fix to a problem. I am not exactly sure what the problem was, but i guess the more off road you go the more you hear them make noise? Is it a squek or is it chatter? I hear some chatter in my leafs. I got under the truck and started shaking and banging things to find the noise, and it is one side (or both) of the leafs banging together. Does the TSB or this rubber strip solve this issue? Can I assume the AAL will fix it?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100's will be fine, and by flexing he is referring to the travel of the rear axel (like the one on the right side of the TW banner at the top of the page)