Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Local shops keep pushing spacers...

Old 07-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
amcquay is just really niceamcquay is just really niceamcquay is just really niceamcquay is just really niceamcquay is just really nice

Name: A.J.
amcquay's Tacoma Gallery
Local shops keep pushing spacers...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've hit a few local shops to get estimates on 3" suspension lifts... and they keep shoving spacers down my throat. I've expressed that I take the truck off road regularly and want the lift to be functional without worrying about busted shocks or other issues, but they keep steering me towards spacer kits.

Should I just order the suspension lift I want when the time comes and find someone that will install it? That's the main issue - I don't have the tools or know-how to install a lift kit myself.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i would do it the right way,dont like spacers myself
Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Just buy what you want.
They probably have more success selling the less expensive stuff and have developed some bad habits.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
They are shoving spacer lifts down your throat? Then you should avoid those shops....

Buy the lift, do the install, and you will know if it was done right or not. Plus it's super easy...

I've seen guys come on here talking about a shop screwing them over with an install or charged them out of the ass, in some cases both...