Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stuck! Middle of a leaf job. Need help.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck! Middle of a leaf job. Need help.

I have replaced my leaf on the driver side. Im installing the pack back in but cannot get the center bolt to sit in the hole on the axle top.

I have already bolted in the shackle and leaf and also the opposite side long bolt to the leaf. I just cannot get that damn center bolt to sit in the middle axle hole. Tried lifting and lowering axel..

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips how they did there's?

Just have to play with it or what?

thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
jmayday23 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
jmayday23's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine last week, had to jack the axle up so the leaf pack was sitting on it and I just wiggled it to get it to seat. Once it went in it stayed, so just try a little muscle and hopefully it will find its way.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Need some pics, I had to kick it to get it into place.....
Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.. Muscle was the answer. Ended up calling my neighbor over. One was using legs to push on it HARD while the other wiggles it for that pin to fall in to the hole.

Learning curve. But happy with days work.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
when I did mine I used a hammer more than a wrench or a ratchet in the rear. not to mention I broke one of my ratchets too.. (that was taking the leaf pack off though)
Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #7

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
when I did mine I used a hammer more than a wrench or a ratchet in the rear. not to mention I broke one of my ratchets too.. (that was taking the leaf pack off though)
Yup she's pretty tight back there!

I accidentally cross threaded the bolt on to my shackle. Spend at lease an hour rebuilding the thread. Whoops.