Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spacer lift question...

Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
spacer lift question...

i know every talks bad about the spacer lift...but would getting the the front diff drop help at all..? and if there is one...what is the best spacer lift out right now....thanks for the help....
Old 10-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The diff drop cant hurt. It only changes the angle of the axel a little bit. Most spacers are the same, but, get one that isnt made of aluminum.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
A diff drop isn't really necessary unless you go over 3". Why not aluminum? I've had my 1.5" Cornfed coil spacers for quite a few years now with no probs.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
A diff drop isn't really necessary unless you go over 3". Why not aluminum? I've had my 1.5" Cornfed coil spacers for quite a few years now with no probs.
David uses a much better grade of Aluminum than any other manufacture. That being said, IMHO, Aluminum shouldnt be used as spacers, or blocks.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
so who makes a good spacer lift...? also how does the ride change...?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toytech makes some great stuff. Adding spacers will make your ride much stiffer as compared to stock and new coilovers.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugmynuts View Post
is there alignment issues with a spacer lift...?
Yes. With any lift you will loose caster the higher the truck is lifted.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
bite me

IIRC, if your lift will be less than 3" you won't need new UCAs, but I'm not too sure about it though. And yes, you will need an alignment afterwards. Anytime you alter the geometry of the suspension you'll need an alignment afterwards.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #11

Quote:
well what i mean is can it be corrected with out a new uca..?
It will need to be re aligned, but the caster wont be back to the 2.5 to 3* as stock. It will be close.
How much lift are you getting?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #13

Quote:
toytec 3" front spacer with aal...
Your caster will be reduced down to .5 to .7*, providing that toe is set at 0* and camber is set at 0*
It will be fine, but may wander a bit.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #14

CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks....one more question...would i be better off i went with the billy 5100's set at 2.5 and a 1" rear block...? would that be a better ride and have less alignment issues...?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
ok thanks....one more question...would i be better off i went with the billy 5100's set at 2.5 and a 1" rear block...? would that be a better ride and have less alignment issues...?
The Billies wil have a better ride. For the rear, your better off with an AAL instead of a block.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #16
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Fat Bob's Garage. Their kit comes with diff drop. I had their 2.5" w/o diff drop, but my truck wasn't level with the AAL I had, so I upgraded to their 3" spacer w/ diff drop. Couldn't be happier! (That's after returning my aftermarket coilovers).