Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #21
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
here is my pro comp 3 inch lift...

just a reminder of what lifting your truck means with this kit.

the spring rates are just over 720 pounds! i trust your front end will not sag idk what bumper/ winch combo you run 720 is a lot on any tacoma. their customer service is terrible, so don't expect much in that dept. as a matter of fact don't expect anything

they sold me this lift for my regular cab and its was not even meant for any 4cyl ever! i firmly believe they could not find their ass with both hands over at 4wp or pro comp for that matter.

if you are lifting 3 inches look into ome they are a quality tough well engineered lift with people who actually off road behind them. plus their customer service from what i hear is phenomenal.

toyotec is pretty nice idk much about them but, a lot of folks run that set-up on here and they seem to like it a lot.

and on a side note even with the correct model tacoma "V6 double cab" you will still more than likely have a good bit over three inches of lift. take mine for instance i received 4.75 inches of lift... and many others have almost all reported well over three into 4's. i'm going to assume you know why thats bad all around.

plus with that high of a spring rate it will ride stiff as shit unless you do one of two things remove the sway bar this helps. or chose to run a "heavy plate steel bumper w, winch" that would help as well.

not trying to rain on anyones parade here just saying.
thanks for the input! do you think it would ride a little better than yours, with the extra weight of my 6 cyl VS your 4cyl?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
DAN_FPC is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DAN_FPC's Tacoma Gallery
I have the procomp kit, on my 09 double cab v6. It rides nice and handles bumps well. I removed my sway bar and added camburg uca's and ended up with about 3.75 inches of lift in the front and about 2 in the rear. It sits level. Very happy with product.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_FPC View Post
I have the procomp kit, on my 09 double cab v6. It rides nice and handles bumps well. I removed my sway bar and added camburg uca's and ended up with about 3.75 inches of lift in the front and about 2 in the rear. It sits level. Very happy with product.
any pictures?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
thanks for the input! do you think it would ride a little better than yours, with the extra weight of my 6 cyl VS your 4cyl?
trust me if your gonna spend that much go with the toytec ultimate....if your really worried about ride then just call up down south motorsports and drop some coin on some fox/king/icon
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
Toytec all the way man... we can have them on there in less than a hour this go around

How big is that lift???

And yea i would go with the toytec lift, im more of a 1st gen man but its been pretty good for the past year!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #26
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_FPC View Post
3.75 inches is still a little high brother my truck looks the part as does yours i bet but, my truck is missing down travel as is yours the rear will articulate just fine even on my regular cab but the front is where things reveal them selves about this kit.

to answer your question yes it will most likely ride a little better than mine but, consider what feed back your getting here ome and toyotec make nice well thought out lift systems. they can tailor spring rates to your truck and have you in a nice quality set-up. this is what people are recommending with the exception of a few guy's chiming in here and there about pro comp and other brands.

the pro comp on the other hand you will more than likely have a very stiff ride. i sure a fuck do and my sway bar is gone as well. this is subjective but, true non the less just due to the spring rates. the loss of down travel can negatively effect on road performance and off road performance as well and the likely hood of going well over three inches is not advised with out a drop bracket to get your front axles in line. if you ever plan on wheeling this truck this will become much more of a concern and a pain seeing as how you will be missing valuable down travel. this is what keeps your tires on the ground and provides traction. the es9000 shocks that come with the kit are 3 inch shocks when you over extend them you shorten their life span and are putting them at higher risk of failing. they will also top out over bumps be it large or small depending on how high the truck goes.

there is a perfect mix you should strike between ground clearance drivability and performance this kit fails in most every aspect for me it's not what i expected it to be thats for sure. ome and toyotec have a great rep for making very nice lifts for the money the choice should be clear

if you still want the pro comp kit also take into account that a bumper and winch would be correct even with a V6 and it being an extended cab. correct as in the proper amount of weight so that the coils are preloaded in such a way that they are ready to flex and not be so damned stiff.

ask around about spring rates. mention a 730 pound spring rate to some other guy's on here and they will tell you it's alot even with armor and a winch loaded plate steel bumper.

imho the money saved by going with the pro comp kit will not out way the better quality, handling or ride on or off and durability of a ome or toyotec lift period that is reflected in the price. the decision to lift your truck is a big one you are completely changing the way your truck moves down the road. these things where engineered by toyota to be a certain way then you just go and throw some not very well thought out kit with way to much height and your opening your door to let gremlins in

if one thing can be said about ome and arb in particular is engineering prowess and the tendency to go over board with making sure something is as close to being perfect as possible before they think about releasing it for sale to consumers.

take for instance the rear bumper for 2nd gen tacomas christ they had a working prototype last year and then scraped it because it was not perfect then a year later they are still testing in australia before even sending it to the states to be gone over again! thats the kind of company i want engineering my lift not people who can't even sell you the correct part.

sorry for the long post but, good info makes for a smart purchase i hope this helps someone debating these lifts.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #28
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
Really.... Lol. I have procomp and I loved it. Have this for 7 months now and the ride imptoved and is a lot smoother than when it was new. Removing the swaybar also helped
.If you can save a little more kings would be the best.
my decision has been made. im going with procomp. i have had 5100's and eibach springs and i wasnt impressed with the hight of the lift.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #29
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
pictures of the cv's as well? i'll play along with that one. mine are about as bad as it can get before really screwing something up
i just looked on 4wp and theres a big bold message saying "WILL NO WORK ON 4CYL MODLES"
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
thats exactly what I read on the pro comp and four wheel parts website. research is key.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #31
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Ultimate lift, dakar leaf springs. i did have the front adjusted up a little more after this picture.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
So, Jerretxx, did you install the pro-comp kit? Is it stiff as shit as discribed by Hans?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #33
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
So, Jerretxx, did you install the pro-comp kit? Is it stiff as shit as discribed by Hans?
Yes, I installed this lift october of 2011. I have had excellent luck with this lift, and it is the best bang for the buck. I have put just over 20k on this lift and had no problems. I removed my sway bar when I installed the lift, and it rides, drives, and handles well. Strongly recommend it.

A lot of hans problems was he put it on a truck that it wasnt designed for. the springs are rated at 720lbs, I do have the double back long bed, V6, so it is a heavier truck, his was single cab 4 cyl.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #34
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, sorry I didn't see it earlier. Did you run aftermarket UCA's with that set up? Gain any travel with the UCA's if you did, up or down? What was your lift measurments? I see you have sold the red truck with the lift, you certainly have had a lot of Toyota's, cool.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #35
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Name: Brandon
Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the pro comp lift mainly because of price and the good things I heard from other guys with DBC long beds. I should be tossing it on the truck next week and I'll be sure to post some pictures!