Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?

On my last tacoma I ran the bilstein and eibach combination and I was impressed with the performance of the lift but i wasn't impressed with the height of the truck and how the front always sagged. I have recently sold truck and bought another. Im debating on running the Toytec ultimate lift, but it seems like people that run the Procomp are really satisfied with this product, which happens to be about $500.00 less. Could i see some pictures of trucks with either lift, thanks!

Toytec ultimate with radflow C/O

Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have heard that Procomp stuff is junk. Really though 5100s are really good and cheaper than the Toytech UL.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have heard that Procomp stuff is junk. Really though 5100s are really good and cheaper than the Toytech UL.
yeah, i had the 5100's set at 1.75" and eibach springs and a 2" AAL it rode great, and was good for mild offloading. however, it front always sat lower than my rear and i had factory bumpers.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt have them long but i liked my radflos that were on my pickup. granted it was a six inch lift coils but they rode pretty good
Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
i didnt have them long but i liked my radflos that were on my pickup. granted it was a six inch lift coils but they rode pretty good
awesome, good to hear
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #7
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 3" pro comp. I went with it because it was cheaper and I just wanted a quick lift as soon as I purchased the truck... I'm just about ready to buy rims and tires as my tread has finally worn off the current tires. I've been happy with the ride I have actually. I know a lot of people throw stones at pro comp, but I actually was surprised at how nice it is. I'm sure if I had something nicer I would be more impressed but for just a lift and decent ride, can't beat the price. My truck is in my sig. and I'm happy with the way it sits both front and back.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

However, in another year or so... I want to go to a six inch lift... then I'll start asking these guys the same questions you are now...lol
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conviction11 View Post
I have the 3" pro comp. I went with it because it was cheaper and I just wanted a quick lift as soon as I purchased the truck... I'm just about ready to buy rims and tires as my tread has finally worn off the current tires. I've been happy with the ride I have actually. I know a lot of people throw stones at pro comp, but I actually was surprised at how nice it is. I'm sure if I had something nicer I would be more impressed but for just a lift and decent ride, can't beat the price. My truck is in my sig. and I'm happy with the way it sits both front and back.
what tire size are you planning to run?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #10
Some do, others talk

Quote:
However, in another year or so... I want to go to a six inch lift... then I'll start asking these guys the same questions you are now...lol
that was my plan was 6" and 35's. but i was doing some research, and installing that lift is a pain. cutting, pressing, etc. plus, i cant see my self buying a cheap lift for $1600.00 or buying a great lift for $1000.00.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
Busting Asphalt

I'm on 245/75/16's right now...

Thinking of 285/70/17's or 285/65/18's... because I'm getting aftermarket wheels with at least a 4.5" back spacing... If I stayed with my stock tires... it would have to be a 265/75/16 I think or it would rub on the UCA.

I've heard that people run 305's too with little to no rubbing... I would like the wider tire, but I need to check into that.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
Some do, others talk

i ran 285/75/16 on my last truck. on this one i am hoping to run 33/12.50/18 or 285/65/18. im just waiting on the cooler weather before i buy tires
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #13
Busting Asphalt

Well my wife holds me back... not only will she limit my spending, but she spends enough herself which cuts into my funding. I really wanted to go six inches to start with, but talked myself into saving some money to start with. Who knows, I may get the new tires and rims on this truck and be satisfied. That way I could avoid all the cutting and crap that go's along with it.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #14
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Well my wife holds me back... not only will she limit my spending, but she spends enough herself which cuts into my funding. I really wanted to go six inches to start with, but talked myself into saving some money to start with. Who knows, I may get the new tires and rims on this truck and be satisfied. That way I could avoid all the cutting and crap that go's along with it.
yeah, it does get expensive, and i can see where you are coming from. im going to go 3" and 33's so i wont have to worry about gearing either. plus, 33" tires are better priced than 35's. even though i think my DCLB would look great with 35's.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
check out this guys build. His truck is pretty bad ass and he seems to like his pro comp lift
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...23s-build.html
Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec all the way man... we can have them on there in less than a hour this go around

Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #17
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
here is my pro comp 3 inch lift...

just a reminder of what lifting your truck means with this kit.

the spring rates are just over 720 pounds! i trust your front end will not sag idk what bumper/ winch combo you run 720 is a lot on any tacoma. their customer service is terrible, so don't expect much in that dept. as a matter of fact don't expect anything

they sold me this lift for my regular cab and its was not even meant for any 4cyl ever! i firmly believe they could not find their ass with both hands over at 4wp or pro comp for that matter.

if you are lifting 3 inches look into ome they are a quality tough well engineered lift with people who actually off road behind them. plus their customer service from what i hear is phenomenal.

toyotec is pretty nice idk much about them but, a lot of folks run that set-up on here and they seem to like it a lot.

and on a side note even with the correct model tacoma "V6 double cab" you will still more than likely have a good bit over three inches of lift. take mine for instance i received 4.75 inches of lift... and many others have almost all reported well over three into 4's. i'm going to assume you know why thats bad all around.

plus with that high of a spring rate it will ride stiff as shit unless you do one of two things remove the sway bar this helps. or chose to run a "heavy plate steel bumper w, winch" that would help as well.

not trying to rain on anyones parade here just saying.
Attached Thumbnails
3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?-imag0440.jpg   3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?-imag0452.jpg   3" procomp vs 3" toytec ultimate lift.... post pics?-imag0437-1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
here is my pro comp 3 inch lift...

just a reminder of what lifting your truck means with this kit.

the spring rates are just over 720 pounds! i trust your front end will not sag idk what bumper/ winch combo you run 720 is a lot on any tacoma. their customer service is terrible, so don't expect much in that dept. as a matter of fact don't expect anything

they sold me this lift for my regular cab and its was not even meant for any 4cyl ever! i firmly believe they could not find their ass with both hands over at 4wp or pro comp for that matter.

if you are lifting 3 inches look into ome they are a quality tough well engineered lift with people who actually off road behind them. plus their customer service from what i hear is phenomenal.

toyotec is pretty nice idk much about them but, a lot of folks run that set-up on here and they seem to like it a lot.

and on a side note even with the correct model tacoma "V6 double cab" you will still more than likely have a good bit over three inches of lift. take mine for instance i received 4.75 inches of lift... and many others have almost all reported well over three into 4's. i'm going to assume you know why thats bad all around.

plus with that high of a spring rate it will ride stiff as shit unless you do one of two things remove the sway bar this helps. or chose to run a "heavy plate steel bumper w, winch" that would help as well.

not trying to rain on anyones parade here just saying.
and as one last precautionary measure if you do for some reason choose the pro comp lift instal the diff drop you will most likely need it!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #19
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessSummer View Post
check out this guys build. His truck is pretty bad ass and he seems to like his pro comp lift
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...23s-build.html
Yep thats me
Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #20
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
ultimate lift with LR uca's, and ome dakar leafs> i am satisfied with this lift especially how it holds up to additional weight> i have a plate bumper and winch and its holding up just fine...