Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lowering Tacomas

Old 10-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Jamdung_Tac is on a distinguished road
Jamdung_Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Lowering Tacomas

I notice lots of peeps raise their Tacs i guess for offroading purposes but what if one wants to lower their Tac, What options are available?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
Buy x runner
Old 10-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiko View Post
Buy x runner
lol but id want to lower the x-runner as well and they have similar suspensions dont they? how does one go about lowering a pickup?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Similar suspensions, no. Xrunners are 5 lug and 4x4s and PreRuners are 6 lug. 4x4s and Prerunners share the same suspension. The difference between the 5 and 6 lug are night and day. Lowering a 6 lug will involve a lot fabrication work, time and money. It can be done, but it will involve a lot of what was mentioned in my previous sentence. If you want to do it, all the more power to you!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Similar suspensions, no. Xrunners are 5 lug and 4x4s and PreRuners are 6 lug. 4x4s and Prerunners share the same suspension. The difference between the 5 and 6 lug are night and day. Lowering a 6 lug will involve a lot fabrication work, time and money. It can be done, but it will involve a lot of what was mentioned in my previous sentence. If you want to do it, all the more power to you!
hmm thanx.....maybe a project will be born after more investigation
Old 10-20-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiko View Post
Buy x runner
OK, I'll buy an x runner but I want you to convert it to a double cab.

Here's a kit that you can buy http://www.sosperf.com/Tacomadropnew.htm

I believe that the kit consists of removing the leaf springs and putting the springs over the axle and adding a saddle support in between the axle and springs. I'm not sure about the front. C2C used to make a kit to lower the front, but it looks like they are out of business.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1.5/3'' Drop with coils and blocks.

This drop was easily done. Check out www.customtacos.com for more drop options. A lot of guys do a ball joint flip
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
dually you've got it easy. It is a bit more difficult for us prerunners and 4x4 to lower a Tacoma.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
OHH! I guess i didnt see what he had. My bad...
Old 10-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Lowered97 is on a distinguished road
Lowered97's Tacoma Gallery
i did the three inch Belltech lowering kit on mine it handles like its on rails, i want it lower though
Old 10-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
bag it!

http://images.sporttruck.com/feature...nning_shot.jpg
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
uno pimpo taco
Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Lower a truck?? !! ?? oh man... no offense, but why???? <insert cry>
Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcksr4grls View Post
Lower a truck?? !! ?? oh man... no offense, but why???? <insert cry>
why not?

FYI, most people don't buy a truck to go offroad.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
why not?

FYI, most people don't buy a truck to go offroad.

I guess I believe a truck is for work or camping or offroading and thats why it is a truck...If you want a low rider... grab a '69 Impala or cadi or little civic or something... trust me no offense!!! But mannnnn
Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Sittinsic.com
Shanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud ofShanes56 has much to be proud of

Shanes56's Tacoma Gallery
Sittin Sic Peformance Offer a varity of Drops for the Xrunner

www.sittinsic.com

URD offers drops for both X's and 6 lugs

www.urdusa.com

And then you have the good ole DJM

www.djmsuspension.com

You got a few options there I'd say
Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I might drop my PreRunner if I didn't need it to do high water crossings, minimal offroad, snow and ice, and the occasional shoulder ditch jump (I mean - no officer, I took the exit - HONEST!).

Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #18
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Hmmm.... it is only 2" in the front and 3.5" in the rear. It might help with fuel economy too.

eh. I have to wait till I get the Suspension TSB before I consider doing anything.