Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting help please!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Bama is on a distinguished road

Name: Keaton
Bama's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting help please!!!

Okay so I'm a new member here but I have looked at the site for over a year. Back in the fall I got a 2.25 inch ready lift and put 285/70/17s on my truck. I was wondering if there was anyway I could add something on top of what I already have to make it 1-2 inches higher. I don't want to spend a lot of money on this too. Anything will help.Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Okay so I'm a new member here but I have looked at the site for over a year. Back in the fall I got a 2.25 inch ready lift and put 285/70/17s on my truck. I was wondering if there was anyway I could add something on top of what I already have to make it 1-2 inches higher. I don't want to spend a lot of money on this too. Anything will help.Thanks!
Stacking lifts is not a good idea and if you go any higher you'll probably need new upper control arms which will cost you a lot of money. You could swap out that lift for a bigger spacer which isn't a great option, but will give you a little extra lift but you could again end up needing new UCA's.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
the most you should lift via coils is 3"; do not go over that. you can add a 1/4-3/8" top spacer plate. they are cheap. definately under $50.

however, if you do go to 3", you might find that you cannot get a good alignment and the only way to correct it is to get upper control arms which are over $400 for a pair.

given your budget, i would just stick with what you have.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #4

Bama's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks for the help! Is it normal for it to rub on this lift? It rubs when I do really sharp turns?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright thanks for the help! Is it normal for it to rub on this lift? It rubs when I do really sharp turns?
Its normal for them to rub on 3" its deffently normal for you. If you want to keep it cheap start cutting those fenders
Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Stacking lifts is not a good idea and if you go any higher you'll probably need new upper control arms which will cost you a lot of money. You could swap out that lift for a bigger spacer which isn't a great option, but will give you a little extra lift but you could again end up needing new UCA's.
X2. Dont stack. A lot of people are going to look for a cheap way to lift but to be honest, there really isnt a cheap way to lift if you dont want to do any damage to your truck. Your most likely rubbing the body mount at full lock. For the other plastic stuff like the fender wells, a dremel worked great for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #7

Bama's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you. And I have just a newbie off topic question. Is there anyway I can post pics off my iPhone to this website? It doesn't seem to be letting me and I never have a chance to get on the Computer
Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you. And I have just a newbie off topic question. Is there anyway I can post pics off my iPhone to this website? It doesn't seem to be letting me and I never have a chance to get on the Computer
TW live. Search it has all directions