Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RevTek Lift options

Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
JBlood9 has a spectacular aura aboutJBlood9 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
RevTek Lift options

I want to go up about 3" with my 08 DC.I've looked at the 5100s and about every other option. I would do 5100s, but @ 2.5 you need new UCAs (or just ruin the old ones). I would rather just spend a little more on a lift rather than breaking something(s) by going cheap.

Right now, REVTEK seems to be a good option to me. A good kit up front with and AAL or something similar in the back. I guess ToyTech could be good also, but i've heard some sagging problems with toytech.

I keep putting this off, but i want it lifted in the next 2-3 weeks (before i go back to LSU). Any help is appreciated. Thanks TW.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 will not ruin the ucas, and you dont need ne ucas. many run 3" of lift on stock ucas, including me. if you dont want to break something by going cheap, dont go revtec. thats a spacer lift, look up what it can do..
Old 07-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
It will be tough to get a good alignment going up to 2.5" without new UCAs. Some people have done it with 2nd gens and have lucked out, but most end up getting UCA's down the road.

Go with an AAL in the rear and OME 885s up front with 5100s.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
It will be tough to get a good alignment going up to 2.5" without new UCAs. Some people have done it with 2nd gens and have lucked out, but most end up getting UCA's down the road.

Go with an AAL in the rear and OME 885s up front with 5100s.

this^^

im not sure about 2nd gens. but my allignment is in spec (barely) with 3.25 inch lift.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
this^^

im not sure about 2nd gens. but my allignment is in spec (barely) with 3.25 inch lift.
Yeah I don't know about how high up you can go without replacing the UCAs on a 1st gen. I never lifted my old 04 tacoma.

But the OME885/AAL/5100 is a good combo. It's what I'm running... for now. Maybe when I pay my truck off I will do something else. Right now it gets the job done and a pretty smooth ride.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
Banned

i was actually thinking of this when i wrote that!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
KPT: I read that article when you posted it in the past. I didnt realize the RevTek was the same thing. Shows how much I know! lol . But if i get new OME885/AAL/5100 i can max out those 5100s without ruining anything ?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlood9 View Post
KPT: I read that article when you posted it in the past. I didnt realize the RevTek was the same thing. Shows how much I know! lol . But if i get new OME885/AAL/5100 i can max out those 5100s without ruining anything ?
Yeah the revtek would be the "coil spacer" type.

You have to leave the 5100's set at zero if you use the 885's. They aren't designed to be preloaded.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
got ya. So, how much lift will i get then out of them?
~2.5 or so.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if i want 3 or so, shouldnt i go with 886s?
Not unless you are getting an afgtermarket front bumper. They are too stiff a coil for the stock bumper.

If you want 3", you can put a 1/4" thick top plate spacer on, which will give another 1/2" of lift. It's a small enough spacer that it's not really anything to worry about. In fact some of the OME kits i've seen come with the small spacers.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. I want to be as close to 3 as i can be without breaking the bank or the truck. So, as it sits now, i need to buy
-885s
-5100s (front and back?)
-AAL
Old 07-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #15

Firefighter:
You can order the additional spacers that give them another 1/2" or so of lift. People have been setting the 5100s at .85" with the 885s without the spacers and haven't had any problems.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
awesome. I want to be as close to 3 as i can be without breaking the bank or the truck. So, as it sits now, i need to buy
-885s
-5100s (front and back?)
-AAL
If you are going up to a full 3", you will probably new aftermarket UCA's to get your alignment in spec.

Also if you are going with the OME springs, might as well use the OME shocks, since they were valved specifically for those springs.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you are going up to a full 3", you will probably new aftermarket UCA's to get your alignment in spec.

Also if you are going with the OME springs, might as well use the OME shocks, since they were valved specifically for those springs.
Thats my problem. New UCAs and shocks on top of everything. I guess i better just stay at 2.5" from the 885s so i can make this a little less expensive.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats my problem. New UCAs and shocks on top of everything. I guess i better just stay at 2.5" from the 885s so i can make this a little less expensive.
Yeah it will still be hit or miss on the UCA's at that height. Some need them, some don't.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
so, i'll play it "safe" and do the 885s, 5100s, aal and sit up 2.5"

- and if i need new UCAs at that point. I'll be pissed. because then i'll have to sell everything and go higher since i can!