Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Dakars with D29XL

Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakars with D29XL

I picked up a full load (filled to top of camper shell) of firewood last weekend, looked at my OME Dakars and they were almost straight to the eye. The rear end of my truck sagged quite a bit. I'm looking forward to add the D29XL leafs to help with heavy loads, but have a few questions. Will the center pins that came with the CS047 Dakars be long enough for the project or do I have get longer center pins. Do I need to extend my brake lines? Will the ride stiffness in rear noticeable with the D29XL added to the Dakars?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't measure, but the Dakars were flat.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Did you expect to have no sag at all when loaded up ?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The aal for the pack is more meant for supporting extra constant load. You would probably be better off with a set of Timbrens.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Dakars. Just need a little more support if I have a heavy load in the back of my bed and have to tow at the same time.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
I like my Dakars. Just need a little more support if I have a heavy load in the back of my bed and have to tow at the same time.
I gotcha , mine didn't seem to show any significant sag when I had some firewood in the back , maybe you were hauling heavier than me
Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
They were all hardwoods. That's one of the reason why the load was so heavy. I usually tow my quad when I go pick up my wood.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
They were all hardwoods. That's one of the reason why the load was so heavy. I usually tow my quad when I go pick up my wood.
Lol , that will do it .