Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Hilift jack

Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hilift jack

Since I'm installing a lift and larger tires, I guess I need a new method of jacking up the truck should I have a flat.

I have seen a lot of people that have this jack (or similar) but how does it work? Does it jack up the bumper? Does it fit to the frame somewhere? Anyone got pics of it in use? Just seems a little tall and skinny, making it prone to being knocked over easily...
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
it works best with sliders or a nice steel bumper simply crank it up but do not use it with the stock bumper although there is add-ons you can buy to lift it from your tire or your bumper its best used with sliders. theres a plate you can buy that works well with the hi-lift to keep it sturdy.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jhodge has a cool pic of it being used.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
they make all kinds of stuff for them so you can pretty much lift from many points on the truck.

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/index.html
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yall beat me to the first response...haha

silverback has the link to what i was looking for. good stuff
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
You need something solid to have it hook on to. Factory bumpers won't work. Best bet is sliders and aftermarket bumpers. It does not connect to the frame, nose is too short. But be careful, a Hilift can break your jaw in a split second. Preventive maintenance and practice using it before you actually need it are a good idea. It is prone to falling over without a load in it, a nice base is a good thing to have. I've seen plenty of dents in doors/fenders caused by them. I have this thing, http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...kof_detail.htm and it lets me use my jack on any part of my truck with relative safety (better than just the nose of the HiLift anyhow). Do a YouTube search on the HiLift, there are a few videos of how to use it, how to use it as a winch, maintenance on it, etc. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Pardon my ignorance, but "sliders"? What is that?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #7

http://www.n10cefab.com/fab/rockslid...s/DSCN1571.JPG
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #8

like tube steps but look better and offer better protection against rocks

http://www.n-fab.com/products.nerfsteps.asp
Old 10-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I wouldnt use n-fab unless i welded them to the truck i would use simple sliders for that.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #10

Oh, sliders! Yeah I've seen them around the forums.

I don't intend to replace my bumpers and the pipe sliders looks just a little too "rock crawler" to me which isn't what I'm going for.

How about a floor jack? I had one for my Chevy (6" lift) and it seemed to work, but I had a toolbox in the back to store it. Anyone ever seen these "mounted" anywhere in the bed?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com

But he also has a suspension going you can mount it up front no probs.