1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bad or good ideea ??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by virgilus11, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Nov 9, 2006 at 2:15 PM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    Hi guys. I have a 05 Trd sport dc lb. I just ordered a set of Donahue and a set of Firestone air bags for the rear.I dont want to lift the truck at all, I dont go off road at all (afraid to put a scrach on it -chiken) but i am towing pretty often and planing to add a ARB bumper latter. We all know that the stock set up cant handle a heavy duty bumper and the rear will sag pretty good if you add more than two people inside.( and yes I always stay within manufacture requirements) Did any body try this set up?? I would like to know how many turns in order to obtain the stock height from the manufacture seting(2" lift) on Hoe coils?? Also do i need an - Alignement - after??, even if i stay with the stock height??tThank you I appreciate your help or any imput .

2. Nov 24, 2006 at 7:51 AM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    I don't plan to but I think you should think about installing a lift on your truck preferrably 3" and yes with alignment because of the added weight of tow. you can upgrade by finding out what tow weight limits you can apply on your truck. you may want to upgrade your suspension too with these mods.

3. Nov 25, 2006 at 4:57 PM
    dibsen

dibsen Well-Known Member

Member:
    virgil

let me know how you like that Hoe' set up.

I looked into those when I first picked up my truck, but they are expen$$ive.

4. Nov 25, 2006 at 4:59 PM
    dibsen

dibsen Well-Known Member

Member:
    you should posts some pics too.

I'd love to see the finished product.

5. Nov 25, 2006 at 7:04 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Could you post some pics before and after? that would be nice thanks.

6. Nov 25, 2006 at 7:17 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    #1- I love the Hoe's. It took over 500 milles to really brek in. At first they will hit pretty hart( in stock height) but now all you feel is a tug. Definitively something that i will do it again when comes the time to trade in. Before the truck was leaning pretty hard in a curb. Not any more. It feels little bit tighter. I know that most of the people want to lift it up but I have to park my truck in pretty tight areas and plan to keep this truck for 200+K. So the lift is out for me.#2- The rear works pretty good with air bags. I keep about 12-15 psi in at all times. I believe and feel that I lost 1-2" of travel in the rear but since I dont go off road , wont be an issue. One thing i dont know is - Wy my truck even with empty tank, no driver in , is still about 1/2" lower in the left side(back and front)????. Is the baterry that heavy??? or is the way they distribute the weght??? (and this before I installed the new coils). Have no clue but even the new Hoe's I had to turn the ring in the left side about four turns to get to original 1/2" diference.The back is the same. If I put the same pressure in the air bags, the left side sits 1/2" lower then the right side. Well I guess that I am not the only one with this problem, so i gone have to live with. I am waiting for the TRD CAI to come this week (after almost three weeks waiting), after installation I wiil take some pictures and i will post them.

7. Nov 25, 2006 at 7:29 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Sorry but is done and I did not take any pictures before. But I will take some of the finished product

8. Nov 25, 2006 at 8:16 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Ahh the infamous Taco lean. From what I understand all Tacoma's have the lean it can be fixed with suspension upgrades but it is just the way they are engineered.

9. Nov 25, 2006 at 8:18 PM
    dibsen

dibsen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Don't we all love the Hoe's

10. Aug 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    nick11

nick11 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner
    3" lift, full stereo system with 2 amps and sub behind the rear seat.
    How does the truck ride empty with 15PSI in the bags? How did they mount? Did you do th eonboard compressor?
    Thanks Brandon.

Products Discussed in

To Top