LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bad or good ideea ??

Old 11-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
bad or good ideea ??

Hi guys. I have a 05 Trd sport dc lb. I just ordered a set of Donahue and a set of Firestone air bags for the rear.I dont want to lift the truck at all, I dont go off road at all (afraid to put a scrach on it -chiken) but i am towing pretty often and planing to add a ARB bumper latter. We all know that the stock set up cant handle a heavy duty bumper and the rear will sag pretty good if you add more than two people inside.( and yes I always stay within manufacture requirements) Did any body try this set up?? I would like to know how many turns in order to obtain the stock height from the manufacture seting(2" lift) on Hoe coils?? Also do i need an - Alignement - after??, even if i stay with the stock height??tThank you I appreciate your help or any imput .
Old 11-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I don't plan to but I think you should think about installing a lift on your truck preferrably 3" and yes with alignment because of the added weight of tow. you can upgrade by finding out what tow weight limits you can apply on your truck. you may want to upgrade your suspension too with these mods.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
dibsen is on a distinguished road

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
virgil

let me know how you like that Hoe' set up.

I looked into those when I first picked up my truck, but they are expen$$ive.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #4

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
you should posts some pics too.

I'd love to see the finished product.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Could you post some pics before and after? that would be nice thanks.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
#1- I love the Hoe's. It took over 500 milles to really brek in. At first they will hit pretty hart( in stock height) but now all you feel is a tug. Definitively something that i will do it again when comes the time to trade in. Before the truck was leaning pretty hard in a curb. Not any more. It feels little bit tighter. I know that most of the people want to lift it up but I have to park my truck in pretty tight areas and plan to keep this truck for 200+K. So the lift is out for me.#2- The rear works pretty good with air bags. I keep about 12-15 psi in at all times. I believe and feel that I lost 1-2" of travel in the rear but since I dont go off road , wont be an issue. One thing i dont know is - Wy my truck even with empty tank, no driver in , is still about 1/2" lower in the left side(back and front)????. Is the baterry that heavy??? or is the way they distribute the weght??? (and this before I installed the new coils). Have no clue but even the new Hoe's I had to turn the ring in the left side about four turns to get to original 1/2" diference.The back is the same. If I put the same pressure in the air bags, the left side sits 1/2" lower then the right side. Well I guess that I am not the only one with this problem, so i gone have to live with. I am waiting for the TRD CAI to come this week (after almost three weeks waiting), after installation I wiil take some pictures and i will post them.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
Could you post some pics before and after? that would be nice thanks.
Sorry but is done and I did not take any pictures before. But I will take some of the finished product
Old 11-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
Wy my truck even with empty tank, no driver in , is still about 1/2" lower in the left side(back and front)????.
Ahh the infamous Taco lean. From what I understand all Tacoma's have the lean it can be fixed with suspension upgrades but it is just the way they are engineered.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:18 PM   #9

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
Don't we all love the Hoe's
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
nick11 will become famous soon enoughnick11 will become famous soon enough
nick11's Tacoma Gallery
How does the truck ride empty with 15PSI in the bags? How did they mount? Did you do th eonboard compressor?
Thanks Brandon.