1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PreRunner - How would YOU lift it?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Yeti75, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jul 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    Yeti75

Yeti75 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SB
    I have been scouring these pages for weeks looking for how I want to go about lifting my 09 Double Cab PreRunner. For background info, I'm not an avid offroader, but I do live in the sticks so I do get on some small trails at times. Nothing major, just not going baja any time soon. In saying that, ride quality is pretty important. I would rather save up and spend more money on quality pieces that ride great, than get crap thats gonna jolt a rib loose going down the driveway. I have come up with a couple of options.

First, Camburg 4" spindles seem like the best route to go since other components stay stock (would most likely get Billies to go with em though). However, I have seen lots of pics of Camburgs with 3" All Pro leaf pack in back and it still has a lean. I dont like that. I could stand a little nose down, but not nose high. The All Pro expo pack would raise it a little more, but I dont haul much and dont think a stiffer suspension in back is what I need. What other options are there for the rear with a 4" Camburg spindle up front?

Or, there is the RCD 4.5" lift. It would cost a lot more after having to buy new UCA's, but is a complete kit and looks great. How would this ride compare to the Camburgs?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Jul 27, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    coilovers in the front... add a leaf in the back.

3. Jul 27, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    tacobo670

tacobo670 if you have to ask, u can't afford it

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport 4x4 AC 6spd
    Super cherry n some champion stuff on the side
    lift it......... off the side of a cliff, light it on fire. call insurance, say it was stolen. get check. buy a 4X4 IMO lol

i'd prob make it LT style

4. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    Yeti75

Member:
    NE TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SB
    I rarely go offroad, so its mainly for looks. I just want to be able to stuff some 285's or bigger under there. Any other suggestions? Please!?

5. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    Oh it's to show off to the ladys while u mawl crawl

What's ur budget

Eibachs &5100s + aal - 5100s at 2.5 & aal

Ome 885s + aal

Camburg spindles

6. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    this is what I would do if i was you
    camburg 4inch lift spindles
    king coilovers with that would be badass, really soft on road, but overboard if your not off roading much. so you could go with some bilsteins.

in the rear i would get a all pro leaf pack, a AAL is a shitty ride. i would call all pro and ask them what would go good and when it settled it wouldnt sit nose high. then add some king/bilsteins in the rear and you will be set!

7. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    dmbtiger19

dmbtiger19 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD SR5 Timberland Mica
    Id say suck it up an get the all pro expo leaf pack. Level stance at 4 inches front and back. This is what I'm planning for my '10 Prerunner.

8. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    Camburgs with bilstiens and all pro 3" leaf pack...that should sit pretty lever if not nose down..

9. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:36 AM
    Yeti75

Member:
    NE TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SB
    Budget is up in the air. I want quality parts and a quality ride. I live by the "You get what you pay for" motto, so I am willing to save up and get it done right the first time.

I like the idea of Camburgs up front with a leaf pack in rear and some Billies all around (then stuffin some 295 Trail Graps under it). However, as I said before, have seen several on here with the lean. Some even added blocks to level it out. Are there any other leaf spring manufacturers that make packs for Tacos? Or another quality option for the rear?

10. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    PineappleGrenade

PineappleGrenade Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '13 Honda Accord Sport
    I have the All Pro Expos on order and plan to pair with Camburgs up front. I also think it should be level.

11. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Camburg spindles, All Pro leaf pack
    I have camburg spindles with All Pro (regular) leaf pack: I have mine 1 3/8 inches high in the back... I do have a regular cab. Even with the regular leaf pack, it is still stiffer than stock. With that said, I would not get the expos.

[​IMG]

12. Jul 29, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    Yeti75

Member:
    NE TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SB

I think yours looks awesome!! If I knew the 3" pack would look this good, I would definitely go this route. If these are already stiffer than stock, a 20% higher spring rate on the Expos would make it too harsh?

Anyone know what the stock spring rates on a double cab are? Does anyone have experience with Deavers? Searching Deavers site it shows to have a 1.5" PreRunner pack, or a 1-2" 2wd/4wd pack (although they cost twice as much as the All Pros). Dont think thats gonna cut it with Camburgs up front.

13. Jul 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Camburg spindles, All Pro leaf pack
    Yes the expos would be harsher.

14. Jul 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    I personally think the expos on a single cab would be pretty stiff, but logic would state that the extra weight of say a double cab and all the metal that comes with it is going to A.) give you less lift, and B.) give you a descent ride due to the springs being made to have "some" weight on them. I'm putting Camburg Spindles as well as Bilstein's set at .85 with an Expo leaf pack on my 08 DC and I'm hoping it sits nearly level. I too am of the opinion that should do it right the first time, but I also can't warrant spending another $1K on completely new coilovers knowing that I probably won't notice this drastic difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top