Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question about new lift

Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
Question about new lift

I am getting ready to completely beef up my suspension. Now that I have the All-Pro front plate bumper and plan on getting the Armortech or similar HC rear bumper very soon I figure it is time. I have been running the 5100's at the highest setting with my stock sport springs and the diff drop, 5100's in the rear with the TSB and 1.5" blocks. I was running the carrier bearing drop but really didn't seem to do anything so I took it off. I am getting ready to throw on OME 886 springs, OME Nitrogen shocks, and continue running the front diff drop. Also, I am looking to pick up a set of the Built Right uniball or Camburg ball joint UCA's. For the rear I was looking at running the All-Pro expedition springs (I have a topper and figure this would be the best choice) and will continue to run the rear 5100 shocks. On to my question, to get rid of the vibes should I also get the rear shims from Toytec or will switching over to a full set of springs without lift blocks get rid of the shudder I get on take off? Also, will the 5100 rear shocks be suitable with the expedition springs? Sorry for the long winded explnation.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Read this thread regarding 5100's in a lifted application:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-5100-a.html

Cliff notes version - 5100's can overextend and break if you really flex your suspension out when lifted. For pavement pounders, the 5100's are fine in slightly lifted applications but for more serious off roading they are not recommended.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Switch out to OME struts in the front if you plan on off roading. 5100s arnt valved for those springs.

And don't run the 5100s in the rear if you get the all pro expos, that combo would be a waste. Get the 5125s, you can gain another 4-5" of wheel travel in the rear with the 5125s.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
Ok, so obviously the 5100's are not the best solution for this lift. I may have to go with the 5125's because I dont want to have to punch thru the bed for the resi's and also don't want to drop $300 per shock for the Fox's that All-Pro offers. Do I need to run the rear shims to get rid of the vibes? Thanks guys