1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about new lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cotruckin, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    I am getting ready to completely beef up my suspension. Now that I have the All-Pro front plate bumper and plan on getting the Armortech or similar HC rear bumper very soon I figure it is time. I have been running the 5100's at the highest setting with my stock sport springs and the diff drop, 5100's in the rear with the TSB and 1.5" blocks. I was running the carrier bearing drop but really didn't seem to do anything so I took it off. I am getting ready to throw on OME 886 springs, OME Nitrogen shocks, and continue running the front diff drop. Also, I am looking to pick up a set of the Built Right uniball or Camburg ball joint UCA's. For the rear I was looking at running the All-Pro expedition springs (I have a topper and figure this would be the best choice) and will continue to run the rear 5100 shocks. On to my question, to get rid of the vibes should I also get the rear shims from Toytec or will switching over to a full set of springs without lift blocks get rid of the shudder I get on take off? Also, will the 5100 rear shocks be suitable with the expedition springs? Sorry for the long winded explnation.

2. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  3. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    Switch out to OME struts in the front if you plan on off roading. 5100s arnt valved for those springs.

And don't run the 5100s in the rear if you get the all pro expos, that combo would be a waste. Get the 5125s, you can gain another 4-5" of wheel travel in the rear with the 5125s.

4. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    Ok, so obviously the 5100's are not the best solution for this lift. I may have to go with the 5125's because I dont want to have to punch thru the bed for the resi's and also don't want to drop $300 per shock for the Fox's that All-Pro offers. Do I need to run the rear shims to get rid of the vibes? Thanks guys

Products Discussed in

To Top