Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I need new leaf springs

Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Buffco is on a distinguished road

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
I need new leaf springs

99 Tacoma, 4wd. The rear leaf springs run over the rear axle, not below. (Dunno if that is stock or not, have asked with no definitive answer)

Anway, they sag worser than my old ladies boobs. They are a frown, not a smiley face, with a little bump in the middle where they begrudgingly climb over the axle, then sweep back down again.

I don't offroad. I also don't want to lift my truck anymore than it is. (I also don't know if it has been previously lifted or not, would be glad to post a pic if someone could tell me what to take a shot of)

I just want a good set of leaf springs. I do pull a trailer a good bit. What do you guys suggest?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #3

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
OME
http://www.omebanjos.com/

Thanks, but they sell banjos, not leaf springs.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffco View Post

OME(Old Man Emu)

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

OME DAKAR 2.25" Lift Leaf Spring Set, 98-04 Tacoma: 355.00/pr
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 07-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Spring over axle is stock.

Wheeler's Offroad (TW vendor, great outfit) has a 4-leaf replacement leafpack (4 leafs is stock) for zero lift, and a 5-leaf replacement leafpack that is stonger, but lifts 1.5 inches.

If you used the 5-pack, it would help reduce axle wrap better, especially when towing. But it is a lift pack. Your truck would have a seriously jacked-up rear end if you did nothing to the front suspension.

If you went with the 4-pack for stock height, helper leafs that bolt onto the front to reduce or eliminate axle wrap could be used, and are inexpensive. I think you can find these on JC Whitney or Autoanything.

Depending on your load/towing situation, you could also use timbren bumpstops. I believe this is OK with the 4 leaf. Wheelers has these.

If you still have stock shocks, replace them all.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #7

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I know. Just joshin' ya. I've read around enough to hear about OME. Seems like most of their stuff is for lifting...
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know. Just joshin' ya. I've read around enough to hear about OME. Seems like most of their stuff is for lifting...
You funny guy.

That's why I didn't recommend them...but it is good stuff.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
This is probably more what you are looking for:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm
Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
^^^^Yarp.

Dan FTW.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
providing she has all of her teeth, i suggest you work on getting your old ladies' boobs lifted. they'll keep you busy long enough to forgett about the saggy leafs.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #12

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
providing she has all of her teeth, i suggest you work on getting your old ladies' boobs lifted. they'll keep you busy long enough to forgett about the saggy leafs.
But those lifts can walk away from me. The ones on my Taco? Not so much.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #13

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what is on my truck now. This all look stock to you guys?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #14

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for that, Dan. Could you perhaps IM what all else I may need? I'm planning on doing this swap myself, but this will be my first leaf spring install.

Nebbermind, your site seems to lay it out pretty plainly. Thanks again! I'll be in touch...
Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's what is on my truck now. This all look stock to you guys?

Yeah those are toast buy some of these and Dan will give you candy

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #16

Buffco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah those are toast buy some of these and Dan will give you candy
Candy, you say?

What's her measurements? Is she house-trained?