Notices

front schocks 04 tacoma

Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
benb is on a distinguished road
Army: 193rd brigade
Name: ben
benb's Tacoma Gallery
front schocks 04 tacoma

Hi guys, Has anyone hadan early failure of the factory schocks, my shop told me mine were gone at 50K.
Ben.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Not out of the realm of possibility, but it happens. Did the shop show you how the shocks looks or did they just tell you hoping you would buy shocks from them?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
benb is on a distinguished road
Army: 193rd brigade
Name: ben
benb's Tacoma Gallery
benb

These are my Buds and shooting friends.
They showed me how the truck would not settle after pushing down on front end.
She also is giving me a hard ride on dirt roads going to the range.
The shop told me they are seeing this in only the two wheel drives which this one is.

I think it maybe an engineering screw up.
My dad had this happen to him in a '64 Merc Marauder brand new.
Ford claimed it was the "computer pick" that went wrong.

I'm just surprised the schocks went belly up early on.
Thanks,
Ben.
WITH MY LAST BREATHE.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
These are my Buds and shooting friends.
They showed me how the truck would not settle after pushing down on front end.
She also is giving me a hard ride on dirt roads going to the range.
The shop told me they are seeing this in only the two wheel drives which this one is.

I think it maybe an engineering screw up.
My dad had this happen to him in a '64 Merc Marauder brand new.
Ford claimed it was the "computer pick" that went wrong.

I'm just surprised the schocks went belly up early on.
Thanks,
Ben.
WITH MY LAST BREATHE.
I've seen a lot of factory shocks wear out that soon. Mine wore out a bit sooner on my 04 4x4.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I've been told that 45000 on a factory shock is about all its good for. If you do replace them you might want to look into 5100's because of the lifetime warranty