Block to AAL

Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Thesilversurfer is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Hunter of sex offenders
Name: Rich
Thesilversurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Block to AAL

Hi guys

I just had an ultimate lift kit put on my double cab long box and I love it. I had a block put in the back for the best ride.

The other day I fitted a new topper to the truck and the back had dropped quite a bit. It's no longer level. I don't pull any heavy loads and I just want the truck to not be low at the rear. I don't mind if it's a little higher either. People are recommending me get a Dakar pack but that is a 2 1/2 inch lift, probably more than I need.

The block is a standard 11/2 inch block. Do i get a 2 inch add a leaf to lift the rear and compensate for the topper and are they any good?

What do you think?

Richie. I will add a picture
Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i would think that a 1.5" aal would do the trick.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Thanks for the replies.

I had a look underneath last night can you believe that 1 month after fitting the block, the standard springs are flat and even softer. The block killed them.

I'm ordering some OME Dakar spring packs for the rear and be done with it.

My local Toyota Dealer can get them up to Canada for me.

I think I will need a Diff Bearing drop and some longer brake lines though? what do you think anyone put them on before?

Richie
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
longer brake lines arent needed i dont think, but it shouldnt hurt.

do you have the leaf TSB done?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesilversurfer View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I had a look underneath last night can you believe that 1 month after fitting the block, the standard springs are flat and even softer. The block killed them.

I'm ordering some OME Dakar spring packs for the rear and be done with it.

My local Toyota Dealer can get them up to Canada for me.

I think I will need a Diff Bearing drop and some longer brake lines though? what do you think anyone put them on before?

Richie
Get the CB drop kit and the shims, they're cheap and that way you'll have them in the event you do need them. There is also a centering pin extension that's good to have if you need to add shims. These items are cheap to buy with the Dakars and you will most likely need to install one if not all of them anyways. Also, check out OZ-T's build, he put on Dakars and was able to use the stock brake lines. If you wheel hard you might need to replace them though.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
longer brake lines arent needed i dont think, but it shouldnt hurt.

do you have the leaf TSB done?
He's in Canada, they don't have the TSB up there. They come with the 4-leaf pack stock.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , read this thread and get some centre pin collars for the Dakars , and install them when you put on your leaf pack . This will allow you to use axle shims later if you need them

You don't need to get them from the online place shown in the thread , I got mine at a local spring and suspension shop .

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=2839336
Old 08-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , read this thread and get some centre pin collars for the Dakars , and install them when you put on your leaf pack . This will allow you to use axle shims later if you need them

You don't need to get them from the online place shown in the thread , I got mine at a local spring and suspension shop .

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=2839336
Knew it was just a matter of time...

Do have an alert that goes off when someone mentions "dakar"?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Knew it was just a matter of time...

Do have an alert that goes off when someone mentions "dakar"?
I am all knowing

I am all seeing
Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Smile

So finally I fitted the Dakar's on the rear of my Tacoma and it's fantastic. With the Toytec Ultimate lift kit the ride is better than ever and it looks awesome. Thanks for all the advice and help with this project. You guys rock.

Richie

I will put some pictures on later today.