Notices

I think I made up my mind.....

Old 10-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
I think I made up my mind.....

So after reading all about the suspension upgrades for my truck I think i have decided what to do..

Bilstein 5100's in front. Stock coils set at ruffly 2-2.5"
Bilstein N140S shocks in the rear
rear AAL
Keeping stock wheels
265/70/17 BFG AT's or 255/75/17 BFG MT KM's

I don't want a big lift. Just something to make it my own. And to be able to run a little bigger tire to boot. What do you think?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Will look good. Just to clear any confusion when you go to order product, the N140S shocks are made by Old man Emu (OME)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Muliefever
Oh okay, thanks... Maybe I will get the 5125 for the rear instead. I would like to keep it all the same you know. I won't have to replace the uca's will I?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well.. Here's what I understand about the UCA's - you don't HAVE to replace the UCA's, but you may have alignment issues after the lift. Getting new UCA's will correct the alignment & prolong tire life, and give your truck a more stable ride on the highways...someone correct me if i'm wrong here..
Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Muliefever
That makes sense... After reading all about the lifts. I came to the conclusion that as long as I stayed below the 2.5" mark I would Not need or have to replace the UCA's.. At least that is what I got out of it.. Anyone?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
╒╪╕

I just lifted mine 3", and i plan on getting new UCA's. I can feel the tires vibrating on the outer edge of the tread...and + the TC's look badass
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post
That makes sense... After reading all about the lifts. I came to the conclusion that as long as I stayed below the 2.5" mark I would Not need or have to replace the UCA's.. At least that is what I got out of it.. Anyone?
alot of people have used the 5100's set at the top notch and havent had any real issues. now, if you went to a 3 inch or higher lift, then uca's would probably be better to have. you can always get uca's later on if you decide you need them, but i dont think you'll have a problem with the bilsteins set at 2 or 2.5.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
Muliefever
Great! Come on Tax return!!!!!!