1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Revtek 3 inch lift w/ AAL + TSB possible?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by thresher, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    thresher

thresher [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    RevTek 3" lift AAL, BFG A/T KO (E) 285/70/R17, Moto Metal 955 17x9, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Advantage Hard Hat Tonneau, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, Wet Okle Seat Covers, WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner and Side Window Deflectors, yellow wire mod (coming soon!)
    Is there any reason that the Tacoma leaf spring TSB could not exist with the Revtek 3 inch AAL suspension lift?

I already have the Revtek 3 inch lift w/ AAL, but I'm trying to get the TSB done. I would really like for someone to chime in saying that they have that lift with the TSB so I know how to approach the dealer instead of taking their word for it.

I know they will do the TSB I just have to figure out if I can re-use my AAL and if so who and how and in what order that work should get done. But step number one is figuring out if that AAL can coexist with the TSB.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice I know I will get here!

2. Aug 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    thresher

thresher [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    RevTek 3" lift AAL, BFG A/T KO (E) 285/70/R17, Moto Metal 955 17x9, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Advantage Hard Hat Tonneau, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, Wet Okle Seat Covers, WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner and Side Window Deflectors, yellow wire mod (coming soon!)
    Anyone have any input on this? I'm expecting a call back from the dealer today and would like some solid footing for my end of the discussion. I just really need to know if the Revtek version of the AAL can be installed on the Tacoma with the TSB. I'm like 99% sure it should be able to unless it just pain won't fit, but I was hoping to find someone with it installed.

I mean Toyotec sells a AAL for the TSB that is 1/2 shorter so any AAL should fit, but I am fine with getting some of the rake back to my truck for towing.

Thanks again in advance!

3. Aug 3, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but you definitely need longer shocks for the back if you will going up 3" total. Try Bilstein 5125's.

4. Aug 4, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    thresher

thresher [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    I'm not going up 3 total inches, but I can see where that part was a bit confusing. It is just the 3 inch lift kit which I think comes with a 1.5inch AAL.

The TSB I believe adds another .5 inches (after it is settled in) which should give me 2 inches in the rear total and add the spring rate I need for towing. Overall, that should add back a slight bit of rake to the truck so when I put weight in the back I'm not driving around nose to the sky.

But your right even at 2 inches I should probably be prepared to replace the shocks if they are topping out. But I'm really only adding like .5 to the height and stiffening up the rear for towing so I'll see what I can get by with.

My main concern is if the TSB leaf pack takes up so much room that I couldn't re-add the AAL back in. Then I'd have a real issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top