Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Differential Drop/Carrier Bearing Drop Questions

Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Front Differential Drop/Carrier Bearing Drop Questions

I've read up on it a bit throughout the site, but still have a few questions.

I installed an OME lift about a month ago, and so far I have no vibes even with 4 wheel drive on. Lately though after looking at my truck I have decided I'm going back in to put in the top plate spacers when I put in my new UCA's.

Should I install the diff drop even if I still have no vibes? Is the diff drop designed to get rid of vibes or just to lower the boot angle going to the wheels?

I know the lower the angle the less wear on the joints.

Also I have the same question about a carrier bearing drop for my driveshaft. I have no vibes at any speed right now. I assume I should just leave that alone.

Sorry if my questions are kind of vague, or my terminology is off.
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wait on both , see how it is after you add the spacers and UCAs

I installed the CB drop and did not install the diff drop , no added vibes
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd cause I ordered both too and are on the way now.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The diff drop is trash for 2nd gens. It doesn't really do much.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
second that^^^^ and most of the time u dont need the carrier bearing drop. itll be fine