LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help designing new Driveshaft

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Need help designing new Driveshaft

So im not sure why my truck did this and havent anyone on here have the same thing happen, but i pulled my carrier bearing out of the bracket. They say from too much travel, as the bearing only offers about 3/4"s of slide in and out.

So talking to a DS shop about either a 1 piece which will be the easiest but will have less clearance for the shaft. Or a complete custom job that keeps it a 2 piece but has solid bearing, think domestic, and a slip yoke in the rear shaft. The two piece will have much more clearance but will have to create a new bracket suppoft for the new bearing and will cost 50% more.

Discuss
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck yea dude, with a solid bearing that bolt rigjt in i could just get a slip yoke in the bottom half
Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Max rpm is only 4800, no bueno
Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
How did you come up with that? The RPMs are based on the operating angle I thought so it would depend on how far you drop the carrier bearing down.
i have no clue when i saw that i thought engine rpms and was like i can do 6500, haha fuck alright

talked to mike too and he said this was prolly my best bet
Old 08-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
looking at that ttora thread i have no idea how with a solid bearing that the rear shaft has any extension in it, with a solid mount and a solid shaft how does the axle drop?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
current plan is to use that solid bearing from the ttora thread and getting a slip yoke added to the rear shaft giving me more than enough travel

thanks PSU and Mike(mjp2) for the help
Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the balanced shaft on the truck yesterday and shes working perfect. Bearing cost 120 with shipping and 270 for the ds work. Pics