Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old suspension needs replacement, What to do???

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
UrbanAngler is on a distinguished road

UrbanAngler's Tacoma Gallery
Old suspension needs replacement, What to do???

Hello all you suspension and lift "experts"

I have a 05 double cab non trd with over 100,000 miles on it, and have never touched the suspension.

I bought the truck used and it never had the TSB done on the rear suspension, too late on factory warranty, I guess previous owner wasnt on this website.

After driving it for the last 50,000 miles, which have been pretty tough miles, with a lot of heavy loads and unpaved roads, beach driving, and old boston city roads with a good amount of weight in the bed, the suspension has seen much better days. It bottoms out regularly, and is getting squeaky, and needs upgrading.

I have invested a lot of money into my truck and am planning on having it for the long haul, and want to upgrade my suspension.

Assuming I know nothing about suspensions, what would you guys recommend I do????

Should I add an extra leaf? Get all new leafs with an extra one?
New shocks and struts and coils?? Get some timbren load boosters?

Or all of the above??

Also, roughly how much am I lookin at spending on this? parts and labor?

Thanks in advance

UrbanAngler
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Upper control arm:$600 free shipping
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-57...l-arm-kit.html
Old man Emu lift kit with all new springs(front and rear):$945 plus shipping
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/yotamain/tacoma/suspension-kits/2005-toyota-tacoma-old-man-emu-suspension-kit-heavy-load-110-220-lbs-ometac05hk.html

This is the best route for a low budget build. You can spend more for better quality components
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What's your budget ?
x2, your budget will very much drive the responses and are you trying to stay stock height or lift?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
UrbanAngler is on a distinguished road

UrbanAngler's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to keep my bidget as low as possible, prob in the $1500 range or cheaper

I'm not oppossed to a small lift, just nothing too big, maybe an inch or 2

What leafs and springs could I pair with some 5100's?