LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Modded Suspension Benefits?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
BmanDad is on a distinguished road
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Modded Suspension Benefits?

What benefits would a set-up like this: front Fox 2.5 coils, aftermarket UCA, and rear 2.0 shocks, provide over the stock set-up?

Does this set-up stress or cause excessive wear on the remaining stock suspension components (springs, sways, etc)?

Would this setup be an improvement over stock for general off roading or just the higher speed/baja runs?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well on and offroad ride would benefit. The Fox shocks have reservoirs that allow for extra fluid storage and cooling. The UCA allows for alignment adjustment if you lift and will allow for more downtravel if you get a uniball and the shocks themselves allow for more downtravel. Fox shocks are progressive so they get harder the faster the shock shaft moves. There should be no extra ware on other stock parts. Someone that knows more should chime in soon.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well on and offroad ride would benefit. The Fox shocks have reservoirs that allow for extra fluid storage and cooling. The UCA allows for alignment adjustment if you lift and will allow for more downtravel if you get a uniball and the shocks themselves allow for more downtravel. Fox shocks are progressive so they get harder the faster the shock shaft moves. There should be no extra ware on other stock parts. Someone that knows more should chime in soon.
Thanks... I doubt I would lift the truck, maybe an inch or so, if at all... so would the UCA still be needed?

Also, would just the addition of these coils and shocks allow for higher speed desert running? Even small jumps?!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
UCA not needed them.

It will allow for a little more fun but don't expect a full blown prerunner. Plenty of other parts need strengthening before you can go all out.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UCA not needed them.

It will allow for a little more fun but don't expect a full blown prerunner. Plenty of other parts need strengthening before you can go all out.
pshh, you can air it out bone stock
http://youtu.be/FDAZjqvDjBE
Just don't expect to drive it home...
Old 08-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Crap ^
Old 08-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so what if someone wanted to be able to catch a little air... what would need to be done to the Taco?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanDad View Post
OK, so what if someone wanted to be able to catch a little air... what would need to be done to the Taco?
To do it right, it's expensive (depending on how much air you want to catch). And you should be expecting to break parts when you air out a road oriented truck. They're not made for it, but they can be reinforced so they survive it.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
I suggest a bike, quad or side by side and just use the truck to tow the tow to the desert.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I suggest a bike, quad or side by side and just use the truck to tow the tow to the desert.
Suddenly, a wild reality check appears.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Install a rollcage. After that...

Spindle gussets
Engine mount gussets
Alignment tab gussets
Coil bucket gussets
Replace your bumpstops by hydraulic bumps all around
Good shocks and springs all around
Deep pockets, because you will break stuff.

...and that's not even touching upon the long travel options.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Suddenly, a wild reality check appears.
Lol. I bought a quad to keep from abusing my truck so much. But my oil truck being the Ford it is kept breaking down anyway.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #15
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that last question was off the cuff... I'd not jump a truck... just curiosity is all (I've gotten over the speed/adrenaline phase of my life).

So, basically, for better all around on and off road performance, even a slight lift, all one would need are the Fox 2.5 in front and 2.0 in the rear?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
Banned
Well even Bilstein 5100s provide better performance over stock.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well even Bilstein 5100s provide better performance over stock.
^ Sound advice. Call Downsouth Motorsports for the best service and pricing.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, that last question was off the cuff... I'd not jump a truck... just curiosity is all (I've gotten over the speed/adrenaline phase of my life).

So, basically, for better all around on and off road performance, even a slight lift, all one would need are the Fox 2.5 in front and 2.0 in the rear?
Def a good start I got billys and I like em... a lot smoother than stock for sure
Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #19
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
^ Sound advice. Call Downsouth Motorsports for the best service and pricing.
Yeah, they're not too far from me... I haven't heard a bad thing about those folks... odd... very, very odd...

I say that because I've NEVER heard of a vendor that EVERYONE liked... you all getting kickbacks or what?! LOL

*As for the 5100's... what makes them better than stock, and how do they compare to the Fox?

**Once again, forgive my ignorance as I'm basically in 4x4/offroading preschool and you all are the teachers.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Install a rollcage. After that...

Spindle gussets
Engine mount gussets
Alignment tab gussets
Coil bucket gussets
Replace your bumpstops by hydraulic bumps all around
Good shocks and springs all around
Deep pockets, because you will break stuff.

...and that's not even touching upon the long travel options.
Good grief... no thanks, I'll pass!