1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear TSB Approved!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by AeroCooper, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper [OP] Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Went in for my free 15k maintenance today and brought a few pics of the rear sagging with only 845 lbs in it, and also mentioned that it is squirrelly upder load and that the rears are squeaking. The service guy came and got me after a bit and told me about the TSB :rolleyes:, and said that he was going to change my wording to reflect "harsh ride" so that the TSB wouldn't be questioned.
    I then told him I wanted the truck level, and if I brought in my own 5100s would they install them if I paid the labor on them? He said, we have to put on front shocks anyway, so the labor will be free on that too!!

Pretty freakin' sweet! So I'm getting the rear leaf pack, alignment, front Billie's put in, all for around $172. Not too shabby.

Oh yeah, it was Toyota of Keene, in Swanzey NH. Big shout out to them for excellent customer service (assuming this all goes through, of course).

2. Aug 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    WaGood24

WaGood24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab PreRunner TRD Sport
    Extang Full Tilt tonneau, VX Series Exhaust, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Stainless Nerf Bars, Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, rear-leaf TSB
    Wow that's awesome! I put on my own 5100s with a friend right before I had the TSB done so I got a free rear lift and allignment out of them but it woulda been nice to have the dealer do it. The 5100s are awesome, the ride is so much smoother than stock. But after the TSB it did stiffen a little. But it looks much better than stock for sure!

3. Aug 5, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    ^^ Nice! Do you have before and after pics?

One funny thing did happen at the dealer, because I've put on sockmonkey decals and taken off the original badges, the tech wanted to know if it was originally a TRD....hmmm. The bedside decals I put on say SR5 in big letters, as you can kinda see in my sig pics.
    Why would I take a TRD and put SR5 decals on it? :confused:

Hopefully he isn't the one putting my suspension parts in. :rolleyes:

4. Aug 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    MJF

MJF VSC blows

Member:
    Peoples republic of Kaliforniastan
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD sport DCLB
    Thats cool. My dealer approved my TSB today. They are doing it Monday so I'll do the nasty and put my OME 884's and 5100's on this weekend. I asked the stealer how much to swap my front shocks, they said 6 hours at $118.00 hour. :eek:

5. Aug 19, 2011 at 4:10 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Here is before:
    [​IMG]

And here it is after the TSB and 5100s set at 1.75"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top