Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear TSB Approved!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Rear TSB Approved!

Went in for my free 15k maintenance today and brought a few pics of the rear sagging with only 845 lbs in it, and also mentioned that it is squirrelly upder load and that the rears are squeaking. The service guy came and got me after a bit and told me about the TSB , and said that he was going to change my wording to reflect "harsh ride" so that the TSB wouldn't be questioned.
I then told him I wanted the truck level, and if I brought in my own 5100s would they install them if I paid the labor on them? He said, we have to put on front shocks anyway, so the labor will be free on that too!!

Pretty freakin' sweet! So I'm getting the rear leaf pack, alignment, front Billie's put in, all for around $172. Not too shabby.

Oh yeah, it was Toyota of Keene, in Swanzey NH. Big shout out to them for excellent customer service (assuming this all goes through, of course).
Old 08-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that's awesome! I put on my own 5100s with a friend right before I had the TSB done so I got a free rear lift and allignment out of them but it woulda been nice to have the dealer do it. The 5100s are awesome, the ride is so much smoother than stock. But after the TSB it did stiffen a little. But it looks much better than stock for sure!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^^ Nice! Do you have before and after pics?

One funny thing did happen at the dealer, because I've put on sockmonkey decals and taken off the original badges, the tech wanted to know if it was originally a TRD....hmmm. The bedside decals I put on say SR5 in big letters, as you can kinda see in my sig pics.
Why would I take a TRD and put SR5 decals on it?

Hopefully he isn't the one putting my suspension parts in.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Thats cool. My dealer approved my TSB today. They are doing it Monday so I'll do the nasty and put my OME 884's and 5100's on this weekend. I asked the stealer how much to swap my front shocks, they said 6 hours at $118.00 hour.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #5
Here is before:

And here it is after the TSB and 5100s set at 1.75"