Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2005 Bottoming Out

Old 08-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
juandehavasu is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
juandehavasu's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Bottoming Out

I just replaced the rear shocks on my '05 D/C 4x4 with the original type Bilsteins and still have a bottoming out issue. I am not carrying heavy loads nor have I done a lot of towing. I am traveling on bumpy NM and AZ roads however this problem just occurred within the last three months. Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
the stock rear leaf springs in our trucks are junk. i mean garbage!!!

Welcome to tw!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
the stock rear leaf springs in our trucks are junk. i mean garbage!!!

Welcome to tw!!!
He speaks the truth! personally i dont like spending too much money on me suspension or i'd just go LT but an AAL helps me alot, but if your not lifting the front at all you will have major rake going on
Old 08-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
He speaks the truth! personally i dont like spending too much money on me suspension or i'd just go LT but an AAL helps me alot, but if your not lifting the front at all you will have major rake going on
back in ny i knew a few shops (albany spring) for one

they make custom springs and can make you leaf springs to your specs without making you lift your truck.

that is one alternative. Check the yellow pages in your area
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Gracias for the replies

I was in a rush for a road trip and I simply replaced the orig. eqpt. rear shocks. What about 5100's with the leaf add from ToyTec? I'm 65 and particular as hell about my rides howeverI don't want a big lift, just a good look and a nice but firm ride w/o spending more than $700. to get it. I truly appreciate your comments.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
See Harsh Ride TSB for 2005 + Double and Access cabs... Too much weight on a weak leaf spring... I added Ride Rite air bags and solved the issue, along with Bilstein 5100's in back (my dealer didn't offer help and it was before I knew of TSBs or this site).

My '10 has 3 leaf springs as well, but they are much firmer than my '05's 3 leaf pack and do not bottom out under any load or bump. Hooray! (I kept the Ride Rites just in case I would need them again)
Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
ride height adjustable 5100s and an aal with 5100s should be a good set up for not too expensive. check out downsouthmotorsports.com they might give you a tw discount
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
I just found the answer to my dumbness

OK! I'm a newbee. When I scrolled down a bit I see that my issue has been addressed B4...many times! Sorry for taking up space...I'm calling ToyTec tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 07 DC that was bottoming out pretty bad, if you don't want a lift I would go with air bags, I went with 2 inch AAL's an 5100's, man does it ride SO much better!