Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Zone Offroad 2.5 inch lift

Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Zone Offroad 2.5 inch lift

So I knew going into this that it was an inexpensive/less than ideal way of lifting the truck... but 2 and a half inches for 160 bucks to my door was too good of a deal to pass up. Very impressed by the quality of the materials, install was just as the video depicted on their website, a little tougher on a vehicle with 130k on the ticker, but again, I'm very satisfied.

What do ya all think? Good buy or no?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
$160 to your door = good buy. Looks good.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank ya sir
Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #4

One thing I wanted to add, in the video they show them replacing the rear shocks (poorly), with this lift it is not necessary to replace the rear shocks, and if you plan to replace them, don't order theirs, I'm pretty sure they ship the Tundra shocks out on Taco orders... Just get a pair of decent Billies and save yourself a future headache.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
qckslvr2234's Tacoma Gallery
I see you did the spacer and the one inch block. How level does your truck sit? I cant tell in the picture. Also how is the ride?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qckslvr2234 View Post
I see you did the spacer and the one inch block. How level does your truck sit? I cant tell in the picture. Also how is the ride?
Its actually a 2 inch block, it has less rake than stock, but there is about a half inch of rake. The ride is stock, no better, no worse, the top plate spacers dont preload the spring.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Do you think it would be more level if I were to get a 1.5" spacer from toytec? Also what size tires you running?

edit: sorry mean 1.5" block in the rear instead of 2"
Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Do you think it would be more level if I were to get a 1.5" spacer from toytec? Also what size tires you running?

edit: sorry mean 1.5" block in the rear instead of 2"
Yea I would think that would be more level, I've just got 265's on right now, will be ordering 285's in the next month or so.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #9

Law Enforcement:
Let me know how the 285's are and how much trimming you needed. I am probably going to order this lift in October or so. That way I can get tires, lift and maybe new shocks at the same time.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Let me know how the 285's are and how much trimming you needed. I am probably going to order this lift in October or so. That way I can get tires, lift and maybe new shocks at the same time.
I wouldn't get the shocks they offer, they aren't for Taco's
Old 12-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
SNThorsen is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Shelby
SNThorsen's Tacoma Gallery
Question Chad how are you liking your lift so far?

I am thinking about going with the same lift with maybe a 1 1/2 in block in the rear. How do you like the lift now that you have had it for a few months? Any flaws yet? Did you squeeze the 285's under it yet? If so, could you post the new pics with the tires? Thanks man keep me up to date before I bye.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #13

Yea the lift is fine, just bought some coilovers so id sell the fronts to ya if ur interested. I did put 33's under it.