Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Any pointers on the 5100's and leaf packs putting on 2morrow

Old 08-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
Any pointers on the 5100's and leaf packs putting on 2morrow

like the title says im putting on bille 5100's at the 1.75 notch and alcan 8' leaf packs on the rear of my truck 2morrow pretty excited about it. just wondering if anyone knows of anything to watch out for or easy ways of doing this?

any help is greatly appreciated
Old 08-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Good luck! I'm hoping to get the Toytec Ultimate Lift soon and am planning on installing it myself too.

In using the 1.75 notch, are you replacing your UCA's or running stock?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
Nice man! Good luck! I'm hoping to get the Toytec Ultimate Lift soon and am planning on installing it myself too.

In using the 1.75 notch, are you replacing your UCA's or running stock?
for the time being im just gonna run the stock uca's but here as soon as i get the money a set of total chaos or camburg will be going on hopefully
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
exchange them for 5150s

other than that....soak all nuts, bolts, things you gotta unscrew with wd40 or something oof the sort multiple times before hand
ya know after i ordered the 5100's which i bout all 4 for all the way around so the rears are extended lenght for the 8 inches of lift i started looking at the 5165's i think and i talked to downsouth motorsports yesterday and they said that the 5165's are really nice for our trucks
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Soak those threads with some kind of loosener tonite, you will be glad you did.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #7

What do the 5150's offer that make them a better choice than the 5100's for the rear suspension? Do they give more travel capability, or load handling vs. the 5100's?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, borrow an angle grinder with an emry wheel for steel, just in case a bolt doesn't come off. The top bolt on the stock rears can be a bitch.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #10

8 inch lift!?

And I was just lookin' to get my truck leveled...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
What do the 5150's offer that make them a better choice than the 5100's for the rear suspension? Do they give more travel capability, or load handling vs. the 5100's?
travel and just a better quality shock imo

5150s go up to 14" of travel. and they have a small resi to keep them cooler
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Spray all the bolts with wd40 the night before. I sprayed mine three days in a row before I installed my all pro leafs this past weekend. I had no problems taking the bolts off.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
I just swapped out the stock shocks for 5100s and I didn't have many problems getting the nuts off and mine was a 2010 too. But I did have some problems getting some of the nuts back on. The crown nut on the steering gave me problems on the passenger side. It would just sit and spin in the ball joint and we were struggling to find anything to hold on to to keep it in place. Then I had the bright idea to try switching the crown nuts from the driver side to the passanger side and it worked like a charm. Getting the shocks back in place was a bit of a pain too, just had to muscle it in a bit. But the backs are a piece of cake, they only took like 45 minutes, maybe an hour and we didn't even take the wheels off.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldnt have any problems getting your bolts off.

my 97's bolts came off without needing wd40 or any pb.

my best advice... go over everything TWICE