Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear AAL question

Old 10-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Ahaszard is on a distinguished road
Army: MSG Retired
Ahaszard's Tacoma Gallery
The springs will settle back to near stock height. I also have the AAL but I have heard that it will not fit with the TSB springs without having the leaf cut shorter.
You should not need extended brake lines for the 2" rear lift but you should get shock extenders or longer shocks.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahaszard View Post
The springs will settle back to near stock height. I also have the AAL but I have heard that it will not fit with the TSB springs without having the leaf cut shorter.
You should not need extended brake lines for the 2" rear lift but you should get shock extenders or longer shocks.
Damnit. I bought the 5100 set from Sonny at DownSouth motor sports. Does that mean I can't use the rear shocks? Or is there an "adapter" to make it longer?

I was kinda debating whether I would even lift the rear anyway. Bought the AALs just in case.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahaszard View Post
You CAN run an AAL with the TSB springs. You can turn the springs around, cut off the clamp on the TSB springs, or cut the leaf a little shorter.
5100 rear shocks are designed for use with 0 - 2" lift, per Bilstien.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You CAN run an AAL with the TSB springs. You can turn the springs around, cut off the clamp on the TSB springs, or cut the leaf a little shorter.
5100 rear shocks are designed for use with 0 - 2" lift, per Bilstien.
I wonder how much shorter would I have to cut the AAL? And do I have to have a torch to do that? I don't have a torch, but I have a Dewalt grinder......
Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I wonder how much shorter would I have to cut the AAL? And do I have to have a torch to do that? I don't have a torch, but I have a Dewalt grinder......
Just try turning it first. It should fit. You can use an angle grinder to dut if needed. Only about 1/2" should work.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
You are talking about turning the entire stock leaf pack (180 degrees), right?
No. Just the AAL.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I think he might mean upside down?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I think he might mean upside down?
No. Most AAL's have a "front" and a "rear". They have this so as to not interfere with the clamps on most leaf packs.