Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg uca install help

Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg uca install help

i just got my camburg uca's and i dont want to bent thr pinch molding. isnt there an easier way?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHDEVIL View Post
i just got my camburg uca's and i dont want to bent thr pinch molding. isnt there an easier way?
Bend it to get the bolt out, reinstall the bolt from the other side when reinstalling, and bend the metal back. Don't worry -- it doesn't feel pain.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
If toyota was to change these out they would not be bending the pinch to get it out. Im wondering if i should just get new bolts and reverse them when i put the new ones in
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about reversing them but decided against it -- just in case the nut loosens and the bolt falls out -- paranoia at its finest.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The only other way to install them is o jack the body off the frame to give slearance. Nothing will be hurt by bending the little bit of steel.