Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Planning on Bilstein 5100s, 1.5 AAL rear. Need some advice.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
adamryi is on a distinguished road
adamryi's Tacoma Gallery
Planning on Bilstein 5100s, 1.5 AAL rear. Need some advice.

Planning on getting the Bilstein 5100s front (downsouth motorsports), and the 1.5 AAL from wheelers offroad. My currently model is the 2007 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Double Cab 4.0L V6, NON TRD, NON TSB. Ive been searching around and saw this is a pretty solid setup for someone who doesnt offroad. 95% of my driving will be highway, and 5% will be on bumpy gravel dirt roads to get to some good fishing spots. I plan on running the 2.5" up front. Would this be a good setup for my driving conditions? Anyone know the biggest tire size I can fit without having to trim or cut? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Lots of folks are running that set up. You'll need to consider getting new shocks for the rear, and the best option is a set of Old Man emu springs and the billy's set at 0" for the best ride. Also consider some new Upper Control Arms to get the alingment back in check. Do a search on 5100 lift for more info, and what others think about the set up youre considering.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
adamryi is on a distinguished road
adamryi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Im also thinking about getting the TSB done, and just getting the bilstein 5100 for the front to keep it level. Ive read that 265/75/16s will fit stock suspension no problem but what offset does the wheel need to be?
Old 08-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamryi View Post
Thanks for the info. Im also thinking about getting the TSB done, and just getting the bilstein 5100 for the front to keep it level. Ive read that 265/75/16s will fit stock suspension no problem but what offset does the wheel need to be?
Thta tire size fits the OEM wheel.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamryi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thta tire size fits the OEM wheel.
x2 and if you are looking at aftermarket wheels, wheels with a backspacing of between 4.5" and 5.5" will work for the 265's.

The offset for that particular setup will vary depending on the rim width.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going with 5100's from Downsouth Motorsports, they also sell Icon's 3-leaf AAL which is the same as the one from Wheeler's. Althought Wheeler's is a great source, it might save you some shipping costs if you get everything from one vendor.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Specially since dsms has free shipping iirc
WHAT?!?! I had to pay shipping for my crap!! It's not bad though.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
So when I get back to the states and pick out my truck I was going to ask the dealer if they will install 5100's all the way around for me along with the AAL. Should I have them set the front to 1.75" and the rear at 0 if I go with the Icon's 3-leaf AAL? I know a lot of you are sick of this question. LoL
Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Just fyi 1.75 don't need UCA to get alignment in check. Also the rear billys are not adjustable. Just the fronts are. 1.75 with a 1.5 AAL, 265/75/16, 4.5 BS makes a perfect stance IMO. (Check my pics I have this setup) Being that your truck is a 07, don't waste you time trying to have toyota do the tsb. Try to shop around for a independent shop for the install, you'll get out a lot cheaper. Its a basic shock replacement so a decent shop should be able to do it no problem. Just buy a 1.5 aal or the icon 3 aal. I've heard nothing but good things about the icon setup.