2" or 3" Lift from OME 886 Lift-Kit???

Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Garftore is on a distinguished road
Army: Med Maintenance
Name: Sam
Garftore's Tacoma Gallery
2" or 3" Lift from OME 886 Lift-Kit???

Hi all,

I just bought the OME kit (90000s, 886s, N182s, Dakars, DiffDrop, Rear D-shaft Spacer, Trim Spacer) and some 1.25" Hub-Centric spacers for my D-Cab 4x4.

I'm worried now, cuz ARB says it's a 2" lift, but I thought 886s give it a 3" lift without the spacers. I spent a lotta money for just a 2" lift, and thought the spacers were only needed for 3" on the 884&885s.

I will also have 200 lbs of bumper/winch in the front, and 100ish lbs of bumper in the back very soon. Will this eventually take it down to 2"?

Any insight from owners with this setup will be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Your should be right around 3" man, maybe a little less
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
see I have 885s with no top plates and I have a tubed bumper. I'm not 4wd and don't have a winch and i'm right at 3...I was a little over but the springs settled. I think with your 886's and the added weight you be pretty damn close to 3" if not just buy the 60 dollar top plates and call it a day...no biggie
Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Your should be right around 3" man, maybe a little less
X2

886s wont sink considerably with a 200 pound winch. That's why you choose the 886 option when buying the lift, they're designed for the heavy load that comes with a ARB bumper. I didn't get the top plate spacers with my 885s and got around 3" of lift on the front.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Thanks, guys.

I was worried the bumper would bring me down to 2". Now I'm worried about having to get UCAs, because I may not have the winch bumper for 1-2 months after the lift. Hopefully, the diff-drop will be enough...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That's open to debate , I went with the LR UCA's because I wanted a sealed ball joint for my winter weather conditions
Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
K, I got the LRs. When my BF Goodriches wear out, I wanna get some bigger ones. With the 1.25" spacers and my black 16x7.5" TRD rims, how big of a tire can I get?

BF Goodrich makes 295/75R16/Ds that are 33.2" x 11.5" on an 8" rim, and can fit 7.5 - 9.5" rims... too big?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quite a bit of trimming of the fender well will be required to fit the 295s. An arb bumper isn't designed for bigger tires either so that might also have to be trimmed
Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #11
Well, I'm getting a Relentless Fab. bumper, but 285 is prolly gonna be as big as I go, anyway.

So check it out, everyone! This is what I have on order, and I'm shittin' my pants with excitement, but I need y'all's help on spare parts that may be needed for installation. If y'all catch anything I left out and let me know, I'd really appreciate it! Here it is:

-OME 886 Lift Kit w/ Dakars (TrimSpacer, 4 bush.s, Ubolts, DropDiff, RDshaftSpacers)
-LR UCAs (I dunno if any extra parts are needed to properly install them)
-Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers (dunno)
-Relentless Predator Guard Winch-Bumper for my Warn x8000i (dunno...think Eric says all stuff necessary for assembly is included, and he's gonna trim away a little bit at the upper lip of the bumper to fit the integrated solenoid. I have to modify my grill.)
-Relentless Rear OEM Bumper
-Relentless Rock Sliders w/ Kick-outs (gonna have them welded on)
-Shipping to Hawaii: FREE!!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Get a new bolt that holds on the UCA. If it doesn't want to come off easy just cut itbout and replace it
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Read this thread and get centre pin collars for your Dakars in case you need axle shims later

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=2839336