Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Yay, I have bro-lean :(

Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Yay, I have bro-lean :(

So I finally got my Icon 3 pack in yesterday. I replaced my single AAL that I had before. I thought for sure that the single leaf I had wasn't very much lift at all, but I guess I was wrong. When I let 'er down, it was obviously I had some serious bro lean going.

So theoretically, I should be at 2.5" up front, and 1.5" in the back with the Icon pack.... in most cases that should be level or close to it.... but my rear tires are sitting in the fender wells, and I have the extended shocks in the rear, which look like they only have a couple inches until they bottom out. Did I miss something and maybe I got the wrong pack, I never had the TSB done... the instructions call for removal of the overload spring, which I did.

Suggestions? I love the way this pack rides, REALLY nice with the Fox's, but I'm not a big fan of the lean.

Should I throw the overload leaf back in? Maybe put the AAL in with the Icons? New pack? There are 5 leaves in my pack currently.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I'd throw the overload back in.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Taken in the driveway just now. Its not on a level but its still very obvious. It rides soo nice, but I just don't know, especially with the extended length shocks.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
yeah your mood took a 180 after you slapped those leafs on lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
^ This.

Once the jack came stands came out you had this look on your face like..."wtf...now I need a monster and a fox jersey"
Old 08-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
^ This.

Once the jack came stands came out you had this look on your face like..."wtf...now I need a monster and a fox jersey"
I couldn't help it, in the drive through today I caught myself with the left hand high on the steering wheel, leaning over the center console with my windows 1/4 the way down....
Old 08-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I couldn't help it, in the drive through today I caught myself with the left hand high on the steering wheel, leaning over the center console with my windows 1/4 the way down....
And so it begins. Just give it up man, its game over, just embrace it. Crank the front coils up a little higher and move to SoCal.

Seriously, I'd try throwing the overload back in and eyball it. You also have the option of a short 1" lift block.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Brotastic
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
The overload should have no effect on ride quality, and only lifts the thickness of it right?

Not too keen on blocks, I've spent the money to get rid of the cheap stuff, don't need to add more.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
The Mad Scientist

Overload leaf does not touch the spring arch unless it's, well, overloaded. It prevents the leaf from flattening out too much or making a w shape. The icon 3 leaf should prevent that from happening as well...so in theory...it shouldn't make a difference in ride quality unless loaded.

I'm clearly just theorizing and trying to logically think through it (i.e. talking out my ass). Centering pins are cheap if you have the time to try it out.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm clearly just theorizing and trying to logically think through it (i.e. talking out my ass). Centering pins are cheap if you have the time to try it out.
Understood. Yeah I was gonna get a couple. Should I order them through Toytec at 7 bucks a bolt, or do you think the local Vato Zone might have the right size.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
The Mad Scientist

Toytec will rape you on the shipping I'm sure. If it was me I would try local first. You are in sac there has got to be a 4x4 place close that will have pins.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Rgr, just haven't heard of one yet. Maybe I can find one at work. What size is it, do you remember by chance?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
The Mad Scientist

Fuck me I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but iirc there is a 4 wheel parts in Sacramento. Also inchworm gear is in Cameron park and they are helpful to talk to for Toyota shit (but a rock crawler shop). You could call and ask them. I don't know the size of the bolt.

Leave the truck as is for a week and go to pismo this coming weekend with us. Your truck will fit right in.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuck me I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but iirc there is a 4 wheel parts in Sacramento. Also inchworm gear is in Cameron park and they are helpful to talk to for Toyota shit (but a rock crawler shop). You could call and ask them. I don't know the size of the bolt.

Leave the truck as is for a week and go to pismo this coming weekend with us. Your truck will fit right in.

Ill check out 4WP, honestly its just a damn bolt. I'm really not prepped for for Pismo yet, unless you wanna weld me on some limit straps first.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a pair from Summit Racing, $4.66 five inch long Superlift brand, 3/8" with $4.95 shipping. Superlift part no 38500. Less than 10 bucks and superlift quality.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you want limit straps?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #19
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Ill check out 4WP, honestly its just a damn bolt. I'm really not prepped for for Pismo yet, unless you wanna weld me on some limit straps first.
You don't need straps for your setup. I didn't have them with my old setup. I do have a mig welder tho if u want it done. Not as pretty of a welder as Jerry tho
Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't need straps for your setup. I didn't have them with my old setup. I do have a mig welder tho if u want it done. Not as pretty of a welder as Jerry tho
My UCAs bottom out very easily because of how much preload I've got. If you think this is fine then Ill give it a shot, but I only have like 2 inches down travel, so its very easy to bottom them out.

I still need to get some though.