Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2WD into a Prerunner?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
jeepinoutwest is on a distinguished road
jeepinoutwest's Tacoma Gallery
2WD into a Prerunner?

Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to turn my '08 2WD reg cab auto into a Prerunner? I am aware there are some aftermarket lifts available, but can I get the Toyota OEM hardware to do this project so it will be the same as a factory prerunner?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I assume you have a 5 lug mini?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Crazy Person.....
br217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nice
br217398's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to br217398
whats wrong with a 5lug mini??? heh i know it is possible with enough money, but last time i checked with toyota for prerunner parts it was near 2500 from the stealership... i myself have the 5base but its access cab so... were in the same boat
Old 10-23-2008, 04:20 AM   #4
jeepinoutwest is on a distinguished road
jeepinoutwest's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i have a 5 lugger. i just put 30x9.5 cooper STTs on her. They fit fine without a lift, i just think it would look better.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by br217398 View Post
whats wrong with a 5lug mini??? heh i know it is possible with enough money, but last time i checked with toyota for prerunner parts it was near 2500 from the stealership... i myself have the 5base but its access cab so... were in the same boat
Nothing wrong with the mini....but to the original poster...

But you are SUA (spring UNDER axle). The Pre-runner is SOA (Spring OVER axle). So unless you can find a leaf spring pak that will give you about 5" of lift - then you'll have to do a SOA conversion which is a LOT OF WORK.

Not only that - you'd have to find something to give you 5" of lift in the front also, which...I'm not sure that exists for your truck. I don't want to assume it's the same setup as the Prerunner with coilovers.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a kit that will give you close to 3inch's of lift.

http://www.readylift.com/c-107-tacom...available.aspx
Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Hey their,

I wanted to do the same thing. I have a reg cab 2x4. I researched this a bit and went on a few forums.
Here is a link to what was found.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113429

Or see these kits

See I found this becuase of people helping out and giving info.
Total Chaose has the kit you want. $2600 ruffly. plus shocks/ springs
http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/home.jsp this is 1 shop that sells them. you can look up others.

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/Suspen...s/1995-04.html

jd fab $2200 plus shock and springs
http://jdfabrication.com/index.php?o...38&Itemi d=64
Also all kits look like you will want Fender flares as well.

Granted these are Long travel kits. but their is just not many Lift kits for these trucks. The 5Lug and 6Lug frames are not the same.. They have differant mounting points.

From what I found you are better off selling your truck and buying a pre-runner or 4X4.... Unless you are rich. then you can do waht you want.

Side note Skyjacker has a kit, but I am not sure who good or bad they are.
Their is also a Spacer kit. but then again not sure how good or bad that is.