1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Lift!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TonkaToyTaco, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco [OP] Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Alright so I have been doing research on lift kits and what I want. Now I need your help and ideas. I want about 3-4 inches of lift. This is what im looking at right now.

1. Fox racing shox. 0-3 inch adjustable w/coilovers and reservoir. $1260
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-134716-fox-racing-toyota-tacoma-2005-2009-performance-kit.html
    2. Fox racing rear shox 2.0 7/8 shaft with 14" travel and reservoir. $540
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-6...e-reservoir-smooth-body-shocks-7-8-shaft.html
    3. Total Chaos UCA $650
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...2007-2008-uni-ball-upper-control-arm-kit.html
    4. Atlas 4" rear leaf spring lift. $705
    http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=247326269

What are your guys thoughts and or ideas?

2. Aug 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
  3. Aug 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Cranking those coil overs to the point that they will provide 3'' of lift will make your truck ride very, very stiff.

Your ass end will sit higher than your front end with that leaf spring. All Pro, Wheeler's, and a few others make 2-3'' springs that will make your truck sit level when lifted 2-3'' up front.

That rear shock is tool long for your application. You'll be bottoming the shock before hitting the bumpstop, which will damage it.

I don't see whether you're two or four wheel drive, but if you're two wheel drive a spindle lift with coil overs is hard to beat. If you search you can find picture threads of spindle lifts on here.

4. Aug 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    thanks alot. that actually seems better than what I was looking at. Except I liked the chrome look of the total chaos UCA. And you are satisfied with this lift? How big of tires are you able to fit?

5. Aug 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Im 4 wheel drive. and I understand what your saying that makes sense. so what about the lift under mine thats 2.5. is that going to be stiff?

6. Aug 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Any one else have any ideas? Or suggestions on anything else to get?

7. Aug 9, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Will depend on the spring rate and valving, but the more you're cranking the C/O's, the stiffer it will ride.

8. Aug 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    I mean how much difference in the ride are we talking about?

Products Discussed in

To Top