Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

the best lift kit

Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
bltornado is on a distinguished road
bltornado's Tacoma Gallery
the best lift kit

hey yall im planning on getting a 09 taco and i want a three inch lift on it could anybody post thier pics of their trucks with a three in lift. what size tires are you running what lift are you running thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '09 and I'm installing my lift tomorrow night. I bought the 5100 Bilstein shocks off ebay (Sonny at DownSouth Motorsports). Then I bought the adjustable coilover kit from ToyTec and a rear AAL.

ToyTec sells the 5100 front shocks already mounted on the adjustable coilovers for $799. I bought them all separate (thinking I was saving $200). However, once I bought the additional machined top retaining plate (not necessary - you can use your stock plate and save $140) and had the springs compressed and assembled, I'm probably just a little over the $799. However, for that, I also got the rear 5100s shocks that I'm told ride a lot better than the stock ones.

I am also going to be running 285/75 BFG M/T KM2s on the stock rims. They should be here either tomorrow or Monday. I will have to do some inner fender trimming from what I hear, but these tires are really going to fill out the wheel wells better than the 265/75s.

In order to run the 285s on the stock rims, you'll either need a wheel spacer or get an aftermarket UCA because the tires will rub the stock UCA. So, I bought the Total Chaos UCAs. These will also help correct some alignment issues.

Chris, feel free to chime in here - did I get that all right?

I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I'm running a 3" OME setup. 886 coils and N140S shocks up front plus a 1/2" Toytec spacer. Total Chaos UCA's and Goodrige SS brake lines all around. OME Dakars with OME 182s shocks out back. Tom Woods CV driveshaft. Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers (although not needed due to TC UCA's) sitting on 285/75/16's with factory TRD rims. No diff drop, although I've thought about getting one just to be on the safe side.. but mine doesn't bind or make any noises.
Dood-Diff drop is lke 30 bucks from Toytec- Totally worth it cause it only takes turning it the wrong way ONCE for you to kill a CV boot or whatever.

To the OP- Talk to Neubs about Toytec options- He pointed me in the right direction for what I need to be looking for...and is working ona price for me.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery