LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

.seems like i keep changn my ideas..help.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
.seems like i keep changn my ideas..help.

hello everybody.new member from cali. been doing some research on the site and i thought i found out the answer but everytime i keep on reading my answers seems to be changing. currently i have a 07 trd pre and would like to lift no more than 3'.i will be mostly doing road travel with a little desert/snow from time to time but ofcourse money is an issue. i understand that billies are the best way to go..but not too sure for the rear.i understand that the higher you go the more work might needs to be done/stiffer. any feed back would help. thanks ...
Old 08-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
add a leafs or blocks in the back.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
ya herd about the blocks seems like everybody leans for to aal.but then i kept on reading and theres the all pro leaf pack and etc.so whats the difference if i do the pack than just to add another aal?.another question i have is if i go with the billies first it might take awhile to add the aal so at what setting n how high can i go with out having the taco lean?sorry for the stupid questions....
Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so billies up front with 2.5 an salmon rear?any flaws with that?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #5
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
I mean aal
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIKE View Post
hello everybody.new member from cali. been doing some research on the site and i thought i found out the answer but everytime i keep on reading my answers seems to be changing. currently i have a 07 trd pre and would like to lift no more than 3'.i will be mostly doing road travel with a little desert/snow from time to time but ofcourse money is an issue. i understand that billies are the best way to go..but not too sure for the rear.i understand that the higher you go the more work might needs to be done/stiffer. any feed back would help. thanks ...
Just my $.02 here.

I understand the money is an issue concept, but trust me and others when we tell you it won't stop with billies...

I can't count the number of threads I've read (including some I've made) where people get billies and then want more.

In my honest opinion, save your money up front, and go with what you really want. See if you can meet up with some local members and ride on as many different setups as you can, and then decide.

Do not get me wrong, billies are a great upgrade, and they're right for a whole bunch of people, but if you have any doubt about ever upgrading to coilovers, or new leaf backs, or what have you, just do it right the first time.

If I would have done it right the first time I would have saved myself so much time and money. That is, of course, all ancient history now.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
what is a "salmon rear"?

do the wheelers or Icon 3 aal pack for the rear, much smoother ride than a single aal and it will lift you 1.5"
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Salmon rear?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Ya sorry bout that my t9 on my iPod be messn up lol.thanks for the input guys.ya I understand bout the whole doing right and etc but I really don't do that much of extreme stuff so why waste on the money that I will hardly put it to use.but I do very much appreciate the input
Old 08-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #10
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
going with the billies all around with aal in rear.. thanks everybody for the input..will send up pics after its complete