Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pro Comp 2.25" Leveling Kit

Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 2.25" Leveling Kit

Im wanting to lift my '11 TX and have been back and forth on companies from Rough Country, Zone, Toytec, and now Pro Comp. Pro Comp offers a leveling spacer and claims it to allow your Tacoma to run 33's. Most make a note of having to trim but Pro Comp says nothing about it. Most of them say 3" allows 265/75/16 tires. I dont know if my wheels fall in the "stock" category. They are the TRD offroad wheels. Would fitting 33's be a problem? Anyone have the Pro Comp setup?? I know 265/75/16's are like 32's but i would like to know if 33's will work. Any ideas???
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
If you are just leveling, you will rub at full lock on 33's, on any of those lifts.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
You can fit a 265/75/16 without a lift. You'll need to at least loose your front flaps with a 33 and possibly chop cab mounts.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So 32x10.50's would be the best pick for a 2.5-3" level/lift?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
So 32x10.50's would be the best pick for a 2.5-3" level/lift?
If you don't want to trim anything and run wheel spacers, yes.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
North Georgia Member

Im not too big on spacers. Would I have to to run 32's?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
I can save your life or ruin it
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

Firefighter: Sergeant,Paramedic,Mandated Tactical Medic
FireTacMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Just for shits and giggles we put my buddies spare 265/75/17 off his 1500 on my taco and at full lock with no problem. I have a 11' DC prerunner with no lift. I had approximately about a 2 and 1/4 gap between tire and wheel well.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
North Georgia Member

Sweet! and thats what i hate, you cannot find a 32" tire for a 16" wheel...
Old 08-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
Sweet! and thats what i hate, you cannot find a 32" tire for a 16" wheel...
265/75/16 is technically a 32" tire. Tire sizes are rounded up.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Nothing like a Toyota
KFD208 will become famous soon enough
KFD208's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have experience or info on the Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit. I just ordered one for my 2011 Tacoma and have now read that the front end may end up higher than the rear, which I do not want to happen. Any feedback on would be good. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Pro Comp 2.25" Leveling Kit-img_3066.jpg  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFD208 View Post
Anyone have experience or info on the Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit. I just ordered one for my 2011 Tacoma and have now read that the front end may end up higher than the rear, which I do not want to happen. Any feedback on would be good. Thanks.
With 2.25 front and the three leaves in the back you will definately be nose high
Old 09-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
I had the 2.25 pro comp installed form new on my 12 dc lb 4x4 4 leaf rear the nose was .25 lower on one side and 0 on the other. But to look at it it looked nose high, so i put in a 1.25 rear block after some setteling i now have 2.25 of rake, which is fine for looks but the rear block caused my factory shocks to top out occasionaly on harsh speed bumps.I put shock extenders in there which i dont like the looks of and i notice them every time i get in, im probably going to remove the rear block which will b the cheapest way to eat my poor decision that i made so bottom line is .get 5100s set at 1.75 for level or go OME 3" full kit if doing some wheeling .ps wish i found this site sooner good luck.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrock View Post
i had the 2.25 pro comp installed form new on my 12 dc lb 4x4 4 leaf rear the nose was .25 lower on one side and 0 on the other but to look at it it looked nose high. so i put in a 1.25 rear block after some setteling i now have 2.25 of rake which is fine for looks but the rear block caused my factory shocks to top out occasionaly on harsh speed bumps ect so i put shock extenders in there which i dont like the looks of and i notice them every time i get in. so im probably going to remove the rear block which will b the cheapest way to eat my poor decision that i made so bottom line is .get 5100s set at 1.75 for level or go OME 3" full kit if doing some wheeling .ps wish i found this site sooner good luck
Holy punctuation fail... haha!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
Nothing like a Toyota
KFD208's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFD208 View Post
Thanks for info. I called Pro Comp and Auto Anything where I purchased the parts and both recommended adding 1" blocks to the rear to match up with the 2.25" front kit.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
265/75/16 is technically a 32" tire. Tire sizes are rounded up.

Sweeeeeet so I'm running 34's bitches............with no trimming of anything
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Nothing like a Toyota
KFD208's Tacoma Gallery
Three of my Toyota Trucks

2000 Tacoma

2006 Tacoma

2011 Tacoma

After Lift Kit Installed
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
dbrenner is on a distinguished road
dbrenner's Tacoma Gallery
KFD,

What lift kit do you have installed on your 2011? That is exactly the kind of ride profile I am looking for with my 2009...
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
Nothing like a Toyota
KFD208's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrenner View Post
KFD,

What lift kit do you have installed on your 2011? That is exactly the kind of ride profile I am looking for with my 2009...
I used the ProComp 2.25" Leveling Kit in the front and ProComp 1" Blocks in the rear. ProComp recommended the 1" blocks to level out the truck. I felt the the truck still sat low in the rear so I have changed out the 1" blocks for the ProComp 2" blocks (much better look now). Also, as I write this, my truck is at Toyota having the suspension replaced under the Rear Spring Harsh Ride TSB. They are replacing the stock 3 leaf springs with 4 leaf and replacing the struts and shocks all the way around. Best of all the truck is still under warranty so all the work and parts are free.....Thank You Toyota. Waiting to see the results.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
Nalu is on a distinguished road
Nalu's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride KFD. I'm getting the same kit. I have 265/65 terra grapplers. What size are ur tires?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
teamhkwin is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantryman, 4-9 IN
teamhkwin's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have to have the tires aligned and the headlights re angled?