Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Shop installed spring perches upside down

Old 08-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Shop installed spring perches upside down

Well about 5 days ago I had a shop install my 5100s. I noticed I was sitting about an inch nose high, but just didnt think anything of it. Well after peaking under the truck, I noticed they installed the spring perches upside down. Ive already been there 3 times this week because they had to rebalance my tires. This whole ordeal has just been too much trouble and makes me wish I just left the truck alone.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Do NOT drive the truck with the spring perches on the 5100's upside down. The perches are designed to hold the c-clip in place by enveloping it. With them upside down, there is nothing holding the clip in place and the perch could fail at any moment. Have it towed to the shop and make them fix it. Once again, do not drive it like that!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I would argue that you shouldnt feel as though you should have left the truck alone, but rather, found a more competent shop to do the work.

Anyway, just have them redo it. Really should not take more than 3 hours, from removal of the assembly, to re-installation.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Well I dropped the truck off to let em fix their mistake. They werent happy about it, but neither am I. I just dont know how they messed this up
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
its more common then u think.......I took detailed instructions along with correct and incorrect pictures with me, and stressed how easy and common the mistake was, and labeled/showed the installer the correct and incorrect installations.

No problems thankfully when I got the truck back.
Yep! Even the shop that did mine called me to clarify the direction of them (I guess they were too call to look at the directions I left the w/ them ).
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Wingman4 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Wingman4's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious... What shop did you use? I know this is an old thread