Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd gen bodylift?

Old 08-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen bodylift?

i know someone make a custom bodylift for 2nd gen tacos...looking for 1in or 1.5in bl to clear my new tire choice and make room for extended coilovers ...please no negatives about bodylifts...ive been buliding all kinds of trucks and cars and know what im doing...thanx for any help guys/gals
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
i know someone make a custom bodylift for 2nd gen tacos...looking for 1in or 1.5in bl to clear my new tire choice and make room for extended coilovers ...please no negatives about bodylifts...ive been buliding all kinds of trucks and cars and know what im doing...thanx for any help guys/gals
Does Summit not make one? I thought they made one for everything
Old 08-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Uh so i got a question, you said you want it to help clear extended length shocks right. I hope for rear shocks because top mount for the front is attached to the frame therefore will not accomplish what you might be trying to accomplish if in fact they are fronts you are trying to accomodate.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Reread the OP and ya, won't do you any good to raise the body
Old 08-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Almost there

In order to run extended travel coilovers you don't need a body mount...you need uniball uppers. But your the pro on builds, enjoy ruining the ball joints.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Almost there

Can you help me understand how a body lift will allow you to gain TRAVEL in the front?

Your limited by bump stops on the way up which is not altered by a body lift because again the lowers mounted to the frame not the body so the bump stop still is at the same distance as before, so I'm failing to understand how there would be a gain in adding a body lift to allow extended travel shocks?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Na man, he knows what he's doing
So can you or someone fill me in?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Its not to help gain travel!!! It to help make room for larger tires... I plan i running icon mid travel coilovers and would like 295's ... Extra space for bigger tires to flex in thats all... calm down bro ... Lol i guess i need to word things more carefully.. Would u happen to know of the guy who makes those custom bodylifts im thinking of?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
Almost there

I love them and have no issues with rust or anything mainly due to location. Occasionally after wheeling in mud I need to lube the uniball but otherwise they are great!

Sorry I misread the OP, thought it was going a different way. I don't know who makes the body mounts, sorry.

I'm pretty sure a uniball is needed for extended travel and doesn't LR just use a normal ball joint?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #16
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml
Old 08-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a thread from ttora with a parts list.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...ight=body+lift
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery