Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bought Used... Please HELP ID these upgrades.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
8200rpm is on a distinguished road

8200rpm's Tacoma Gallery
Question Bought Used... Please HELP ID these upgrades.

Hello all,

I recently purchased a used 2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 w/ TRD OR from a dealership. The truck has several modifications that the previous owner added. I went in expecting to buy a completely stock, off road capable truck, and was surprised to see all the upgrades. Truck was lightly used and competitively priced so I pulled the trigger.

I'm new to 4x4's and embarrassingly do not know any details on these upgrades. Here are some pics...

Front coilovers and UCA. Brand is obvious but which models?

Rear reservoir shocks. Completely unmarked. What brand/model are these? Performance wise, are the stainless steel lines of any significance than rubber hoses?

Rear leaf springs. Only 3 leafs per side? Is this normal? I think these are original, non-TSB leafs.

If you can provide any input/opinions/suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

When I compared it to a coworker's Access cab TRD OR, my truck is ~3" higher.

Are these worthwhile upgrades? Should I have any concerns? Anything I should know about in terms of extra maintenance or things I should watch out for?

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg ucls and icon coil overs are top of the line. Check out wheelersoffroad.com or toytec.com and you can see what you saved by buying a car with all of those goodies installed already. WELCOME TO TACOMA WORlD!!!!! Cant id the rear shocks.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Those are the original US stock rear leafs
Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
7100's in the rear maybe?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shocks appear to be Icons as well, judging by the design of the reservoir mounting bracket. $1500 worth of shocks and $700 upper control arms. Not bad. Now either get the rear leaf TSB or put in add-a-leafs, so you can get rid of that silly axle spacer.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
Hello all,

I recently purchased a used 2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 w/ TRD OR from a dealership. The truck has several modifications that the previous owner added. I went in expecting to buy a completely stock, off road capable truck, and was surprised to see all the upgrades. Truck was lightly used and competitively priced so I pulled the trigger.

I'm new to 4x4's and embarrassingly do not know any details on these upgrades. Here are some pics...

Front coilovers and UCA. Brand is obvious but which models?

Rear reservoir shocks. Completely unmarked. What brand/model are these? Performance wise, are the stainless steel lines of any significance than rubber hoses?

Rear leaf springs. Only 3 leafs per side? Is this normal? I think these are original, non-TSB leafs.

If you can provide any input/opinions/suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

When I compared it to a coworker's Access cab TRD OR, my truck is ~3" higher.

Are these worthwhile upgrades? Should I have any concerns? Anything I should know about in terms of extra maintenance or things I should watch out for?

Thanks for your input.
Great pics man. How about one of the whole truck?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

MattDubs's Tacoma Gallery
you scored bro.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
That's what im thinking.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
That's what im thinking.
x2
Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky
Old 08-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #12

8200rpm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Thanks. Shot everything using a Canon SD1300 on Macro.

Can't believe I did not take a pic of the whole truck. It just looks like a factory Magnetic Gray Metallic DCSB w/ TRD OR.

Previous owner installed one of these...

Previous owner also had a Flowmaster welded in place of the stock muffler. Bit loud for me. So today, I rolled around on the ground and installed one of these... (TRD Cat Back PT910-89061)

Sounds much better.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #14
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Am I the only person that see's a block in the rear ?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #16
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm seeing the same thing. Your talking about the space you see in the pic between the axle and the spring, right? Looks like it has blocks in there.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
All of those shocks and stuff are worthless. Put the oem ones back on....but instead of throwing them away give them to me

Lucky score! whoever had the truck knew what they were doing...
Just grab a new leaf pack and you'll have a fully built truck that makes me jelly.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #18

8200rpm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Is it good or bad? Opinions are more than welcome.

I'm completely ignorant, so more input the better. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
Is it good or bad? Opinions are more than welcome.

I'm completely ignorant, so more input the better. Thanks.
Bad

Get rid of the block and get an AAL or a new leaf pack .
Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #20
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
They wear out your leafs a lot quicker than if you had an added leaf, or a new leaf pack providing lift. They also give a worse ride than the abeforementioned mods.