LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Airbag suspension w/ 6" fabtech lift

Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
Cbookout89 is on a distinguished road

Cbookout89's Tacoma Gallery
Airbag suspension w/ 6" fabtech lift

I was wondering if it would be possible to put airbags ontop of the back axle to give me some support when towing the boat/atv etc. I have found them made by firestone but they dont specify if its for 6" lifts or not.

HELP!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have Firestone airbags with a one inch block, and I don't think it would work on a 6 inch. I've seen some trucks on here with the Airlift bags with a six inch lift. They're on the leaf not the axle, but that seems like a better alternative.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Cbookout89 is on a distinguished road

Cbookout89's Tacoma Gallery
Yea thats what i figured. How much more difficult is it to install the bags ontop of the springs rather than beside the springs like i saw on firestones website.?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's easier because you don't have to cut the bump stops.